Posted on: March 27, 2020
OverviewAt Cumming, you will work on some of the world's most
exciting projects in a dynamic environment where your success is
measured by the impact you make. We are one of the fastest-growing
project and cost management consultancies in the United States, as
reflected in our top 15 rankings in both ENR and Building Design +
Construction, and we were voted one of the best companies to work
for in Los Angeles, where we are headquartered. With over 30
offices globally, an extremely diverse project portfolio, and
double-digit year-over-year revenue growth, the opportunities to
make your mark are limitless!
We are currently looking for a Senior Accountant for our Westport,
CT office. The Senior Accountant position is an integral part of
the accounting team and assists in maintaining and providing timely
and accurate financial statements in adherence with GAAP and
ensuring company compliance with federal and state tax
- Assist with preparation of financial statements, analysis and
monthly supplemental schedule preparation.
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Prepare bank and general ledger account
- Ensure enterprise-wide proper accounting for foreign
transactions, including financial statement translation and foreign
- Perform qualitative reviews to identify foreign currency
exposures and provide actionable data to key stakeholders so that
appropriate hedging strategies against exposed positions may be
- Assist with preparation of audit schedules and plays an
integral part in annual financial audit.
- Maintain equipment and real estate lease schedules and ensure
appropriate accounting for capital leases and discounted
- Maintain fixed asset records and depreciation
- Prepare annual property tax statements for several counties
across the country.
- Evaluate legacy systems and implement new systems to automate
transaction processing and routine tasks.
- Work cross-functionally on strategic company
projects/initiatives and apply critical thinking skills to provide
solutions that drive company performance.
- Provide a high level of customer service with finance and
non-finance business partners, including senior
- Perform other duties that are reasonably associated with the
above essential functions and additional duties assigned by
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or
Finance is required.
- Five years of accounting experience at a small to mid-sized
company is required.
- Experience in the service or construction industry is
- Certification: CPA preferred
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and
- Experience with a fully integrated financial system such as
MAS200, Great Plains or Deltek.
- Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently and
independently, self-starter, energetic.
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced,
ever-changing work environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with
- Apply knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and
procedures in the relevant industry.
- Possess strong organizational and interpersonal abilities.
- Utilize effective written and oral communications and team
- Perform work tasks by receiving direction and then working
independently with an interest in quickly learning and applying new
skills and abilities.
- Demonstrate consistent ability to be dependable, diligent, and
- Exercise creativity and resourcefulness in completing tasks
accurately in a compressed timeframe.
Have more questions? Chat with a Recruiter on our careers website!
It takes five minutes to apply to this job and we will provide
feedback within five business days.
CUMMING is an equal opportunity employer, fully committed to
attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified
team members without regard to race, gender, color, religion,
sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship status,
veteran status, or any other characteristic, including physical or
mental disability, to the extent protected by applicable federal,
state or local law.
Keywords: Cumming, Brick , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Westport, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!