Billing Representative (FT) - Behavioral Health - Oceanport, NJ
Company: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital New Brunsw
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Job Summary: The Billing Representative performs
insurance/billing review and verification of patient account
information against insurance program specifications. Communicates
and interacts with colleagues, hospital staff, patients, public,
physicians and their staff and third party insurance personnel. Is
responsible for reporting identified safety issues such as
hazardous environments (i.e. damaged floors/walls/ceiling
tiles/unsecured areas) and medical errors. Essential Functions:
- Analyze and verify coding of procedures and diagnosis using ICD
and CPT codes.
- Charge entry for all hospital (inpatient and outpatient),
office, nursing homes, and all other provider services.
- Consults with Compliance Department on billing issues.
- Enter data electronically to process charges, payments,
denials, and adjustments.
- Instructs new employees on billing and IDX input. Educates
employees in billing system and billing protocols.
- Keeps updated on all third party billing requirements and
changes for insurance types within their area of
- Makes accounts private and notifies patients when claims have
not been paid after periods in established accounts receivable
- Monitors claims for missing information, authorization/control
- Post third party insurance remittance vouchers if received in
- Resolve routine patient billing inquiries and problems.
- Reviews billing in all sites for accuracy.
- Secures needed medical documentation required or requested by
third party insurances.
- Processes rejections to correct any billing errors and
resubmitting claims to third party insurance carriers.
- Works with physician or medical record staff to ensure that
correct diagnosis/procedures are reported to third party insurance
carriers. Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm or 8:30am-5:00pm Job
- High School Diploma or GED required within one (1) year of
hire. Candidates who do not possess a High School Diploma or GED
equivalent at time of hire will be provided the opportunity to
enroll in a GED/HSEA program as a condition of employment. New
hires will be provided one (1) year from date of hire to
successfully complete a GED program and obtain their HSEA.*
- Completed coursework in insurance billing, data processing and
medical terminology preferred.
- Knowledge of ICD & CPT coding.
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder) certification or CPB
(Certified Professional Biller) preferred *RWJBarnabas Health is
committed to our communities and the members we serve. RWJBH
understands that in order to create strong, healthy, and
sustainable communities, we have to re-engineer and transform
current systems. Providing educational support and resources
contributes to our overall social impact mission and community
investment efforts. Other Duties: Please note this job description
is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may
change at any time with or without notice.Additional Information:
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery
system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million
people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals Clara Maass
Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms
River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical
Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in
Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New
Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH-
Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute
care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation
hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed
behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency
department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state s
largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and
hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy
services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an
accountable care organization. Barnabas Health Medical Group is a
multispecialty group practice comprised of highly trained and
experienced world class primary and specialty care physicians.
Barnabas Health Medical Group physicians provide compassionate and
innovative cutting-edge care for people at every stage of life at
easily accessible facilities conveniently located throughout New
Jersey. Backed by the vast continuum of resources of RWJBarnabas
Health, the largest not-for-profit integrated health care delivery
system in New Jersey and one of the largest in the nation, our
dedicated physicians and expertly trained supporting staff
continuously strive for clinical excellence. We offer a great work
environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital New Brunsw, Brick , Billing Representative (FT) - Behavioral Health - Oceanport, NJ, Accounting, Auditing , Oceanport, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!