Physician Billing Educator - Medical Records (FT)
Company: RWJBarnabas Health Corporate Services
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Job Summary:The Physician Billing Educator prepares materials
and conducts employed provider billing education as determined by
audits performed within the current year s Work Plan, in accordance
with new provider on-boarding (pre and post-acquisition), and as
per Compliance and/or Management requests.Essential Functions:
- Works collaboratively with providers and affiliate staff to
promote and ensure correct and compliant coding and billing
- Works collaboratively with Physician Billing Reviewers to
present coding education to providers, along with appropriate
coding references, and other materials associated with the findings
of completed reviews of employed providers.
- Prepares detailed reports of educational activities.
- Responds to coding questions from provider and affiliate staff
as distributed by the Lead Physician Billing Educator.
- Prepares webinars on various education topics as chosen
determined by Lead Physician Billing Educator with Management
oversight. Delivers said education in person or remotely to
interested providers and affiliate staff. Maintains attendance
- Provides educational feedback from Heat Map audits to Physician
Billing Reviewers for necessary re-billing of encounters.
- May perform E/M mentoring for employed providers and affiliate
- Maintains proper computer and written records of all education
- Effectively communicates coding recommendations and reasoning
to medical staff members and others.
- Performs regulatory coding research for Compliance Department
and/or employed providers and affiliate staff.
- Assists internal and external Compliance counsel in external
agency investigations as required.
- Corresponds with AMA, etc. with coding questions as
- May be required to assist in the formation of Corrective Action
Plans for the employed physicians and affiliate staff.Job
- Must have a minimum of an Associate s Degree; Bachelor s degree
- Coding certification required (e.g. CCS, CCS-P, CPC, COC,
CEMC), RHIT, RHIA, and/or RN also encouraged.
- Must have advanced coding education and training with strong
foundation in E/M coding.
- Prior E/M physician auditing experience preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience and/or coding consultant
- Must have excellent interpersonal, oral, and written
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to utilize a personal computer with Windows and
Microsoft Office software, especially Word, Excel and
- Must be able to utilize the 3M Coding and Reimbursement
- Must be able to utilize 3 M SoftMed, Cerner, Allscripts SCM and
other electronic medical records systems for remotely reviewing of
medical records.Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for
this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any
time with or without notice.We offer a great work environment,
competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending
AccountsRWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care
delivery system in New Jersey and the state s second largest
private employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians
and 1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute
care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading
pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized
Keywords: RWJBarnabas Health Corporate Services, Brick , Physician Billing Educator - Medical Records (FT), Accounting, Auditing , Oceanport, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!