Regional Director - Patient Access (FT)
Company: RWJBarnabas Health
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Regional Director - Patient Access (FT)Req #: 0000052955
Category: Professional / Management
Facility: RWJBarnabas Health Corporate Services
Location: Patient Access Services, 2 Crescent Place, Oceanport, NJ
Job Summary:The Regional Director will provide administrative
direction and leadership for Patient Access processes across
designated facilities. The Director manages, advises and
coordinates the overall functions of Patient Access and acts as a
liaison for other Revenue Cycle departments. The individual is
responsible for establishing and implementing standard procedures
and controls to ensure appropriate quality of service to our
customers, while protecting revenue and securing cash flow. The
Regional Director is responsible for the oversight and management
of the Patient Access personnel which includes maintaining an
adequate productivity level, quality scores and ensuring all
processes and functions involved in the registration of patients
and financial clearance of patients are performed accurately,
completely and in a timely manner. Essential Functions:
- Interact and collaborate extensively with the Site CFOs,
Executives and other members of Corporate Management across the
health care system to ensure Patient Access goals are met.
- Direct and coordinate activities concerning patient access,
patient account programs, financial screening, patient flow and
other activities related to identifying potential financial risk to
the health system and to assure reimbursement for services
- Provide leadership and direction for future state visioning
around Patient Access, system enhancements or selections, and issue
- Collaboratively work with Facility Directors, Central Director,
Charge Integrity Director, Patient Access departments, and other
members of the Revenue Cycle to coordinate and facilitate the
patient access functions are aligned with organizational goals and
- Establish major schedules, task assignments and allocation of
human capital, space and equipment to ensure conformance with
- Assists Facility Directors/Central Access Directors in
analyzing management information and developing departmental goals
- Collaborate with the System Business Office to identify
systemic trends, training or individual disciplinary action where
- Monitor POS cash and ensure coaching/ discipline occurs as
required and address downward trends with site directors/CFOs.
- Ensure delivery of consistent training (process and IT&S)
for all Patient Access staff.
- Facilitate communication and escalation of department root
cause issues between Central Access Director, Site Directors and
- Develop and implement operating policies and procedures
relating to the admission, registration and financial advising of
- Plan and conduct meetings with staff to ensure compliance with
established practices, to implement new policies and to keep
employees aware of current changes and standards.
- Direct various human capital actions including, but not limited
to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers and
- Prepare reports and analyses to include financial reports,
setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate
recommendations or conclusions. Perform other related duties
incidental to the work described herein. Job Requirements:
- Bachelor s degree in business or healthcare management or
- 10 years of relative Revenue Cycle experience; minimum of 6
years in management.
- Must have in depth experience with registration, billing
requirements, insurance processing and scheduling of patients in a
- Thorough knowledge of insurance rules and regulations including
Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, and commercial insurance.
- Excellent knowledge of healthcare payor reimbursement and
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good team management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with sustained
attention to detail and positive outlook.
- Ability to generate results through influence in an environment
with multiple and diverse stakeholders.
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills including
written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated capability to interact directly with C-level
- Highly skilled at identifying information resources, research
methods, data analysis and fact-based decision-making.
- Possesses keen ability to judge and prioritize issues and
implications for RWJBarnabas Health.
- Demonstrated proficiency Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.Other
Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover
or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice. Additional Information: We offer a great work
environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending
AccountsRWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care
delivery system in New Jersey and the state s second largest
private employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians
and 1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute
care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading
pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: RWJBarnabas Health, Brick , Regional Director - Patient Access (FT), Executive , Oceanport, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!