Area Director of Revenue Management
Company: Ocean Place Resort and Spa
Location: Long Branch
Posted on: January 15, 2022
JOB TITLE: Area Director of Revenue Management
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Hotel Operations
The Area Director of Revenue Management is responsible for
supporting a group of hotels in the AFP Hotels Group. This position
is responsible for effectively implementing pricing strategies and
e-commerce tactics, along with the development of future demand
forecasts and budgets for a select group of properties. Duties also
include the monitoring and managing of inventory via multiple
distribution channels including, but not limited to, GDS, CRS and
Web. The position's success will be measured by ensuring that all
efforts are made to maximize production from all channels to
achieve company's revenue objectives. This is not a remote position
but will be based at one of our hotels located in Long Branch, NJ;
South Bend, IN; Orlando or Miami, FL; Albany, NY; Rochester, NY;
Utica, NY; Columbus, OH
- Lead the strategies in pricing, distribution, revenue
optimization and e-marketing for each hotel in your group.
- Develop and execute short- and long-term strategic plans relevant
to hotel based on current and future market conditions and industry
- Work with the hotel sales department at Ocean Place as well as
other hotels assigned to implement a group evaluation process and
offer displacement analysis reports when necessary.
Complete Daily pickup reports along with other daily, weekly and
monthly reports such as forecast, mix of sales, STR analysis and
- Utilize key 3rd party reports (STR, Demand 360, Revintel) to
determine optimal mix of business strategies.
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant market trends and demand
drivers so business opportunities can be identified and capitalized
- Maximize the potential management of all tools, systems,
promotions. initiatives, etc.
- Host a weekly Revenue call with each hotels' General Manager and
Director of Sales and provide a Recap to the team.
- Consult with third party intermediaries to gain maximum exposure
and revenue gains for each hotel
- Provide leadership and influence during Corporate RFP season and
FIT contracting season.
- Develop market manager relationships with OTAs and GDS
- Monitor all electronic distribution websites on a regular basis
to ensure that parity is maintained and guidelines are met.
- Identify, communicate and effectively manage all high and low
demand periods accordingly.
- Attain budgeted room revenue and rev par penetration goals at the
- Develop and maintain an innovative, forward thinking team
attitude, driven towards improvement and results.
- Other duties as assigned.
A college degree or equivalent experience in the Hotel Hospitality
Independent, Resort experience preferred.
- Marriott and Hilton revenue management experience required
- Willingness to travel to area hotels required at least 1 per
- Highly motivated with strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical, problem recognition and resolution
- Able to take initiative and meet deadlines in fast-paced
- Strong written and oral skills
Must possess knowledge of Revenue management, forecasting and
budgeting along with the ability to compile forecasts/figures and
analyze information that involves data manipulation or
interpretation to arrive at logical conclusions.
- 5+ years of hospitality or revenue management and e-commerce
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, Outlook, Excel,
- Ideal candidate would possess expertise in Opera PMS, Lightspeed,
OnQ as well Travelclick, IHotellier, etc,
- Licenses/Certifications: Must have a valid driver license and be
legally able to work in the US. Applicants within the NJ Market are
Keywords: Ocean Place Resort and Spa, Brick , Area Director of Revenue Management, Executive , Long Branch, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!