Department Manager- Furniture
Company: Boscov's Department Store
Location: Toms River
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Boscov's Retail Sales Manager - Furniture & Bedding
Experienced Retail Sales Department Managers-bring your experience
to work for you where people love to shop! Boscov's is a chain of
full service department stores serving the total family needs of
our customers. For nearly 100 years, Boscov's has been known for
its great values and famous brands, and for offering a broad
selection of quality merchandise in its stores and online. We are
looking for Retail Department Sales Managers to join our growing
As part of a fast-paced, dynamic management team, you will
supervise a team of associates to ensure they develop relationships
with our customers so that each customer's needs are met in a quick
and efficient manner. Your previous management experience along
with your strong selling and customer service skills will ensure
your success in this dynamic leadership role. If you are looking
for a great opportunity to pursue a rewarding management career
with a company known for quality and big savings, apply today!
As a member of the management team, the Retail Sales Manager will
supervise and participate in the merchandising/set up of the
selling floor to provide maximum sales and customer service.
Additional responsibilities of the Retail Sales Department Manager
- Supervise department and its coworkers
- Responsible for execution of markdowns and all requests of
- Provide customer service as per company standards, product
knowledge of products and all other components of customer
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and
paperwork, adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Tracking daily/weekly sales and complete sales reports.
- Maintain an awareness of advertised merchandise.
- Manage the activities of the sales and stock functions.
- Develop salespeople by motivating to up sell and sell furniture
& mattress protection.
- Maintain minimum personal furniture protection and mattress
protector percent to sales numbers.
- Develop staff schedule that best suits business needs and
maximizes floor coverage.
Successful candidates for the Retail Sales Manager should role have
the ability to lead a retail sales team to actively engage
customers, sell merchandise, and provide excellent customer
Additional requirements of the Retail Sales Department Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent; bachelor's degree,
- Prior retail sales management experience
- Strong selling and/or customer service experience,
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Ability to learn computer systems, POS register, telxon, and
- Strong furniture and/or bedding selling and customer service
- Problem solve, motivate, delegate and leadership skills.
- Available to work varied days and hours as work schedule
requires, including evenings and weekends
At Boscov's, we value our employees, and that's why we provide a
competitive compensation and benefits package. As a member of our
retail operations team, you will be eligible to receive:
- Good earning potential, commissioned department
- Weekly Pay
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical/dental
- Paid Vacations and Personal days
- Liberal Employee Discounts
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Much More!
Work where people love to shop!
Equal Opportunity Employer#INDMAIN
Keywords: Boscov's Department Store, Brick , Department Manager- Furniture, Executive , Toms River, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!