Chief Nursing Officer
Company: Monmouth Medical Center
Location: Long Branch
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) for Monmouth Medical Center is
responsible for all nursing strategy including operational clinical
practice, education and research delivered through nursing clinical
services. The CNO is accountable to lead stellar evidence based
patient care across the continuum that includes patient and family
centered care, leadership of inter-professional care delivery
models resulting in outcomes based on continuous quality
improvement. The CNO is responsible for integration and
coordination of nursing practice across all service lines, and
works collaboratively with the rest of the C- Suite team members in
alignment with the RWJ Barnabas Health Nursing System Strategic
Key areas of accountability include:
- Executive leader of the strategy, direction, and operation of the
Nursing and Patient Services Division to provide high quality
patient care, continually assessing and improving performance.
- Drive greater performance and leverage system thinking and
creativity to continuously improve clinical quality metrics,
employee engagement, patient care services, expense reduction, and
managing staffing resources.
- Establishes and integrates evidence based nursing standards of
care and practice in all areas of responsibility.
- Fosters clinical integration across the continuum of patient care
services provided by the hospital and the health system.
- Plan, monitor and manage the $125 Million nursing budget, 950
FTE's to ensure achievement of operational and financial goals.
- In alignment with System Chief Nurse effectively establish and
implement a strategy between Rutgers SON and RWJB, based on
academic/ practice partnership guiding principles and best
practices from AACN and AONL.
- Responsible for allocating adequate resources and implementing an
effective and ongoing program to monitor, evaluate and improve the
quality of care services delivered to patients. Ensures that
services are provided with respect to quality, patient and
stakeholder requirements, and efficiency.
- Establish a plan to address resource allocation, operational
performance as measured by quality, service, cost and growth.
- Develop and implement strategy, in partnership with executive
clinical leaders (ie - CMO and CQO) to achieve quality and safety
results - including zero defects while maintaining and integrating
High Reliability Organization (HRO) principles.
- Assure the highest standards of healthcare delivery and outcomes,
ensuring a constant patient focus.
Registered Nurse, licensed in the State of New Jersey or eligible
for licensure in NJ.
Doctorate degree in Nursing required, PhD preferred.
10 years of progressive nurse executive leadership experience
within an academic medical center environment
A track record in a multi-hospital system, urban, teaching
environment is required
Experience in a Magnet hospital.
Keywords: Monmouth Medical Center, Brick , Chief Nursing Officer, Healthcare , Long Branch, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!