Physical Therapist - Community Based Therapy
Company: PowerBack Rehabilitation
Posted on: June 19, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: The Physical Therapist will primarily provide
outpatient rehabilitation services in an in-home setting for the
older adult population. The in-home setting could be a patient's
private residence or in a patient's room in a SNF/NF, in an
assisted living facility, or in an independent living facility.
Vitality to You allows the Physical Therapist to evaluate and treat
in the most functional environment which is the patient's home. The
Physical Therapist assesses the need for, develops, and delivers
physical therapy programs to facilitate rehabilitation. The
Physical Therapist identifies the need for and makes referral(s) to
other disciplines to address the comprehensive needs of patients.
He/she implements individualized therapy program designed to
restore, reinforce, and enhance performance. In addition, the
Physical Therapist instructs, educates and trains patients and
caregivers in those skills and functions essential for promoting
independence and productivity, in order to diminish or correct
pathology. He/she directs activities to promote and maintain
1. As necessary or applicable, supervision of Physical Therapy
Assistants, temporary licensees, students and support personnel in
accordance with state licensure requirements and professional
2. Responsible for adherence to department and patient treatment
schedule, timely clinical and billing documentation requirements as
well as work related meetings.
3. Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences
and other related meetings.
4. Makes referrals to other disciplines, agencies in order to
address the comprehensive needs of the patient.
5. Consults with other members of the rehabilitation team to select
the most appropriate therapeutic regimen consistent with the needs
and capabilities of each patient.
6. Adapts program and/or plan of care according to the needs of
7. Promotes a safe environment and enforces the elimination of fire
and safety hazards.
8. Orders supplies and equipment as necessary.
9. Cleans, maintains, identifies, and reports the need for repair
of equipment as necessary.
10. Puts patient service first: ensures that patients and families
receive the highest quality of service in a caring and
compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs
11. Screens, examines and evaluates patients, including history,
systems review, and application of appropriate tests and measures,
synthesis information and interprets examination findings in order
to establish a diagnosis, identify impairments, determine the
predicted level of improvement and the time required to achieve it,
identify precautions/contraindications and design and plan of care.
Develops appropriate treatment goals and methods in collaboration
with the patient and caregivers, implements the physical therapy
treatment plan, and completes all related documentation and record
keeping regarding these services. Services include but are not
limited to application of therapeutic techniques in areas such
* Therapeutic exercise including aerobic capacity conditioning,
balance coordination, agility training, body mechanics and postural
stabilization, flexibility exercises, gait and locomotion training,
neuromotor development training, relaxation, strength, power, and
* Functional training
* Manual therapy
* Airway clearance techniques
* Integumentary repair and protection
* Use of electrotherapeutic, physical agent and mechanical
* Health and Wellness
* Education on Chronic Disease Management
* Falls Assessment and Interventions to reduce fall risk
* Case Management in the home and community
12. Designs, fabricates, fits and/or applies adaptive devices, and
trains patients in the use of adaptive devices included orthotics
13. Selects appropriate activities suited to the individual's
physical and mental capacity, intelligence level and interest.
14. Instructs patient in the skills and techniques required for
participation in mobility activities and evaluates patient
progress, attitudes, and behavior as related to rehabilitative
15. Performs routine reexamination as needed/required to
modify/progress plan of treatment.
16. Incorporates health and wellness programming into treatment
plans for patients.
17. Performs home and community mobility assessments and provides
recommendations for safe mobility in the home and community
18. Upholds the GRS Promises:
I will always act with integrity and honesty, and expect others to
do the same. I will ensure my actions comply with the standards set
forth by our Policies and Procedures Manuals and the Employee
I will treat others in the way I would like to be treated. I will
appreciate and respect others' beliefs, and I will cherish our
I will take responsibility for myself in my actions and my quality
of work. I will hold others to those same standards.
be actively engaged
I will make a conscious effort to be an active part of our
community. I will check email and RehabCentral regularly to keep
up-to-date on important information. I will be aware of the
numerous resources available to me as an employee.
take pride in my work - my company
I will be proud of the work I've done each and every day. I will
always represent my company in a positive, professional manner both
inside and outside of work.
I understand that change is a necessary part of life. I will
approach change with a positive attitude and will work with my team
members to overcome any obstacles associated with change.
I will communicate in an appropriate, professional and timely
manner. I will strive to be an active listener by making an effort
to hear not just the words another person is saying but, more
importantly, understand the total message being conveyed.
strive for excellence
I will continuously work to grow and develop myself as an employee.
I will ask for assistance if I need it, and I will be open to
receiving feedback from my manager.
I will contribute to a positive work environment where my team
members and I enjoy coming to work and celebrating each other's
19. Performs other related duties as required.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Physical Therapist (PT), Location:
Manahawkin, NJ - 08050
Keywords: PowerBack Rehabilitation, Brick , Physical Therapist - Community Based Therapy, Healthcare , Manahawkin, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!