Physical Therapist Assistant - In-Home Outpatient Therapy
Company: Genesis Rehab Services
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Powerback is a new way of delivering recovery, rehabilitation,
respiratory, and wellness services to patients across the nation.
We deliver an empowered approach to achieving your full potential
by providing integrated and individualized solutions. Our
reimagined approach to rehabilitation connects directly to the
patient experience, which is centered on transforming the road to
recovery for everyone and helping patients get their power back.
It's patient-centered care that provides a sustainable way of
feeling better, moving better, breathing better, and living better.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Physical Therapist Assistant will primarily
provide outpatient rehabilitation services in an in-home setting
for the older adult population. The in-home setting could be a
patient's private residence or in a patient's room in an
independent living facility. Powerback Rehabilitation To You allows
the Physical Therapy Assistant to evaluate and treat in the most
functional environment which is the patient's home. The Physical
Therapist Assistant provides physical therapy treatments to
patients to facilitate increased independence and functioning under
the supervision of a Licensed Physical Therapist. This position
provides a flexible schedule and work environment in various
1. Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences
and other required meetings as a representative of physical
therapy, under the direction of the physical therapist.
2. Responsible for adherence to department and patient treatment
schedule, timely clinical and billing documentation requirements as
well as work related meetings.
3. Works with other members of the rehabilitation team to implement
programs and activities consistent with the needs and capabilities
of each patient.
4. Acts as an assistant to the Physical Therapist when the Physical
Therapist is performing tests, evaluations, and complex
5. Instructs patients, families and other caregivers in the skills
and techniques of the physical therapy treatment program under the
supervision of the Physical Therapist.
6. Maintains appropriate and timely documentation for all patients
7. Cleans, maintains, identifies, and reports the need for repair
of equipment, as necessary.
8. Puts Patient Service First: Ensures that patients and families
receive the highest quality of service in a caring and
compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs
9. Implements patient's individualized treatment plan as
established by the primary Physical Therapist.
10. Provides individualized physical therapy treatments including
but not limited to:
* Therapeutic exercise including aerobic capacity conditioning,
balance coordination, agility training, body mechanics and postural
stabilization, flexibility exercises, gait and locomotion training,
neuromotor development training, relaxation, strength, power, and
* Functional training
* Manual therapy
* Airway clearance techniques
* Integumentary repair and protection
* Use of electrotherapeutic, physical agent and mechanical
* Health and Wellness
* Falls Risk Interventions
* Chronic Disease Management Education
11. Performs other related duties as required. SHAREPTAV
Keywords: Genesis Rehab Services, Brick , Physical Therapist Assistant - In-Home Outpatient Therapy, Healthcare , Manahawkin, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!