Clinical Specialist - NJ
Posted on: November 22, 2022
The Clinical Specialist is primarily responsible for helping ensure
a great patient experience by preparing the patient for their
examination, completing pre-exam diagnostics test, and explaining
each step of the process. Act as a liaison between our patients and
Optometrists and participate in the initial steps of a patient
Telemedicine locations: Act as a liaison between our patients and
remote Telehealth Optometrists to provide a positive patient
experience safely and efficiently in accordance with standard
telehealth operating procedures.
Compliance to all Covid-19 protocols including, but not limited
a. Observe best-in-class behaviors as it relates to social
distancing and COVID 19 protocols: Ensure chairs in waiting area
are six (6) feet apart, to ensure recommended separation, where
b. Ensure patients understand the importance of social distancing
and comply with PPE usage protocols.
c. Enforce cleaning protocols and cleaning hygiene practices:
frequent handwashing, not shaking hands, cover nose and mouth while
coughing or sneezing, avoid touching eyes / nose / mouth with
unwashed hands with patients and associates.
d. Prior to patients' scheduled appointments ensure that all
intake/screening questions are complete.
1. Assist the doctor with patient care and eye examinations.
2. Clearly explain the preliminary testing process to patients,
administer each test, and accurately document the results in
3. After exam, transition the patient to a retail associate,
conveying the recommendations of the doctor to the retail
4. Schedule appointments and manage exam books according to Company
guidelines, call appointments in accordance with company policy to
confirm time. Contact no shows and cancellations, Complete nightly
patient readiness tasks
5. Have a basic understanding of MVC plans and be able to
articulate plan benefits to patients.
6. Preauthorize insurance in accordance with standard operating
7. Maintain patient flow to allow for doctor effectiveness.
8. Answer patients' clinical questions in person and over the
telephone. Triage ocular emergencies. Schedule annual eye exams
9. Maintain complete and accurate patient records according to
10. Instruct patients on the insertion, removal, cleaning, care,
and proper handling of their contact lenses.
11. Place diagnostic contact lens orders for patients and stock.
Notify patients when their contact lenses are available for
12. Have a working knowledge of contact lens brands and parameters.
Accurately pull contact lenses trials when requested by the
13. Clean and maintain equipment in the pretesting room and exam
lanes. Cover equipment nightly
14. Maintain clinical supplies and ensure inventory is not
15. Ability to work flexible schedules to meet changing business
demands to include traveling to other locations.
* One (1) year of related experience
* Optical or Healthcare background preferred
* Medical Office/business professionalism required
* HS diploma, GED or equivalent related job experience
* Patient advocate
* Excellent customer service skills
* Ability to initiate immediate interaction, coordination, and
collaboration with patients and team members
* Very detail orientated and well organized
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with other
associates and patients
* Energetic and self-motivated
* Team player
* Excelling problem solving ability
* Ability to multi-task
* Exhibit empathy in all interactions
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret insurance forms
* Work changing schedules to meet business demands to include
travel between stores
* Work inside location
* Read English
* Work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
* Follow procedures and instructions
* Use computer effectively and view computer screen
* Reach above shoulder continuously
HIPAA & Security Requirements
All Associates must comply with the Health Insurance Portability
Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as it pertains to disclosures of
protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of
Privacy Practices and HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures. As a
component of job roles and responsibilities, Associates may have
access to covered information, cardholder data or other
confidential customer information which must be protected at all
times. As a result, Associates must explicitly adhere to all data
security guidelines established within the Company's Privacy &
Security Training Program.
Visionworks is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the
hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation,
gender, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status,
or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local
The specific statements shown in each section of this description
are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical
elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job
successfully. As required by changing business needs, complete
additional essential responsibilities as identified and
* Job Family Contributor
* Job Function Retail Incentive Plan
* Pay Type Hourly
* New Jersey, USA
* Store 531, Howell Commons, Howell, New Jersey, United States of
Keywords: Visionworks, Brick , Clinical Specialist - NJ, Healthcare , Howell, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!