Clinical Leader - Observation Unit
Company: CentraState Healthcare System
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Clinical Leader assists the Nurse Manager in planning, directing
and supervising the overall operation of the assigned nursing unit
on a 24-hour basis. Functions as a clinical resource and educator
to unit/department staff members in area of expertise. Works within
the department and as a part CSHS management team to operationalize
the patient care and service goals and objectives established by
senior management. Bases clinical decisions on evidence-based
practice in nursing to achieve desirable outcomes. A patient
focused care model utilizing a multidisciplinary approach is used
as the method to deliver patient care in the department.
- Assists the Department Head in the continuing effort made by
the department to improve the quality of patient care and
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the patients'
- Affirms the patient's right to make decisions regarding his/her
medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to
the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret
information in terms of the needs of the age of the patients cared
for. Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed
based on the age of the patients cared for. Successfully completes
life-span education as appropriate.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Obtains a complete nursing history and baseline assessment that
is systematic, consistent, and continuous. This assessment is
communicated effectively and documented.
- Appropriately analyzes health status data to determine nursing
diagnosis and needs for appropriate nursing care, medical
intervention or services of other clinical professionals.
- Identifies patient problems and formulates nursing diagnosis
according to physical, psychological, spiritual/cultural and
educational needs in conjunction with a multi-disciplinary
- Consistently includes patient and family in the development of
an individualized plan of care.
- Administers medications as needed following CSHS policies and
- Takes immediate and appropriate actions in the event of a
medication variance occurrence.
- Attends and participates in the multi-disciplinary discharge
planning meetings and identifies the need for further services
- Provides appropriate education based upon teaching plan.
- Conducts unit based education programs on a routine basis in
collaboration with professional development.
- Meets standards for documentation regarding patient
- Documents results of patient assessment, nursing diagnosis,
care plan nursing interventions and evaluation and patient progress
in Medical Records, Nursing Standards of Care/Practice for the
specific patient type.
- Recognizes changes in patient condition and/or emergencies
situations and takes immediate and appropriate actions.
- Delegates components of care to non-professional caregivers as
appropriate and evalutates outcomes.
- Makes decisions that demonstrate knowledge of nursing practice.
Utilizes sound nursing judgment in clinical and patient care
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in the care of patients
and in the coordination of care to assure the achievement of
- Develops new clinical pathways, monitors patient progress on
current clinical pathways, reviews variances with Patient Care
Reviewers, reviews variances from Quality Management with Nurse
Manager, staff and reports to Nursing Quality Council.
- Follows the clinical progress of all patients. Participates in
the development of unit protocols as needed.
- Conducts unit conferences to discuss quality issues and quality
- Quality Referrals - unit based, follows up on nursing
referrals, investigates problem, develops action plan, reviews with
Nurse Manager, responds to Quality Management in writing,
implements action plan.
- Follows up on patient complaints or concerns, keeps Nurse
- Provides or coordinates in-services to staff six times per year
or as needed to address unit specific needs.
- Monitors appropriate usage of specialty and Zonaire beds.
- Consistently adheres to hospital policy regarding the
insertion, maintenance and removal of foley catheters.
- Able to verbalize and demonstrate proper rationale and
techniques surrounding all aspects of indwelling urinary catheter
care as per policy # 4668.
- Fulfills the requirements for competencies and completion of
annual mandatories surrounding indwelling urinary catheters.
- Takes a patient assignment when necessary.Education:
- Bachelors degree in nursing required.
- Masters degree in nursing required or must obtain masters
degree within 3 years from date of hire (or internal transfer) as a
condition of employment.Work Experience:
- Two years nursing experienced required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.Licenses and Certifications:
- RN License/New Jersey required.
- BLS certification required.
- CSMC IV Certification required.
- Certification in specialty area required. Certification in
specialty must be obtained within two (2) years of
hire/promotion.Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills
to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare
team.CentraState Healthcare System, a partner of Atlantic Health
System, is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based
health system that provides comprehensive health services in the
central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of
leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves
as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent
disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages
live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a
284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus,
three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable
foundation, and convenient satellite health pavilions offering
primary care and specialty physician practices, along with access
to outpatient services, such as lab and physical therapy. The
system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric
fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood
Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations,
CentraState is one of less than two percent of hospitals nationwide
to earn Magnet designation for nursing excellence four times and
was designated a Great Place to Work-Certified Company by Great
Place to Work for the second consecutive year. When you bring your
talent to CentraState, you are joining a trailblazing healthcare
facility, committed to providing high-quality, patient-focused
care. Join us in making incredible strides in health care, and
making a difference in our community. We believe in enriching the
lives of our employees through work/life balance initiatives,
tuition assistance, career advancement opportunities and much
more.Find out why our employees love their jobs and being part of
the CentraState family!What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package and rewards program
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Growth Opportunity and Workforce Development Initiatives
- Continuing Education / Onsite Training
- A warm, welcoming company culture based upon mutual respect and
a collaborative goal of providing excellent patient care
- Concierge Services with Work & Family Benefits
- Magnet recognized healthcare facilityID: 2021-11908 Primary
Shift: Night Work Schedule: 7P-7:30A External Company URL:
http://www.centrastate.com/ Street: 901 West Main Street
Keywords: CentraState Healthcare System, Brick , Clinical Leader - Observation Unit, Healthcare , Freehold, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!