Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist-Primary Care and Specialty (Physician Practice)
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Description: How have you impacted someone's life today? At
Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the
lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each
and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational
health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care
capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to
apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career,
all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system. The Registered
Pulmonary Function Technologist is responsible for performing all
functions and procedures in the Pulmonary Laboratory including
pulmonary function testing and cardiopulmonary exercise testing.
Responsibilties: A day in the life of a Registered Pulmonary
Function Technologist -at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Performs calibration on all pulmonary function testing
equipment and record.
- Performs all types of pulmonary function testing offered by the
Pulmonary Lab according to department policy.
- Calibrates and performs quality control on blood gas analyzers
and records the results.
- Runs reports after testing is complete.
- Schedules patients for pulmonary function testing and completes
all necessary information on the pulmonary function request
- Connects patients to the DATA Scope Monitor (EKG, BP, Pulse
- Administers Aerosol Treatment if ordered by Physician.
- Cleans and washes bronchoscopes according to policy.
- Set-ups Bronchoscopy Tables.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.).
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent,
and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
Organizational Competencies. -
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of
Qualifications: Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate from an approved Respiratory Therapy Program.
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience through an
approved Respiratory Therapy Program and relevant employment as a
Respiratory Therapist/Pulmonary Function Technologist
- Comprehensive knowledge of Pulmonary Laboratory Policies and
- Comprehensive knowledge in Pulmonary Function Testing.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- BA or AAS in Respiratory Care. Licenses and Certifications
- NJ Registered Respiratory Therapist Certificate or Certified
Respiratory Therapy Technician
- Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist Certificate if
performing Cardiopulmonary stress tests. Licenses and
- NJ Respiratory Care Practitioner License. If you feel that the
above description speaks directly to your strengths and
capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Brick , Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist-Primary Care and Specialty (Physician Practice), Healthcare , Manahawkin, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!