Scribe Certified Medical Assistant- Ocean Park Internal Medcine (Physician Practice)
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description: How have YOU impacted someone's life today? At
Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the
lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each
and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational
health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care
capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to
apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career,
all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system. Certified
Medical Assistant/Scribe provides clinical care under the
supervision of the physician(s) and practice manager for the
patients of the practice. The CMA/Scribe is present during the
provider -s performance of a clinical service and documents in the
Medical Record as directed by the physician during the course of
the service. Cannot perform CMA and scribe duties simultaneously
for the same patient. Performs Medical Receptionist and other
clerical duties as requested.Responsibilties: A Day in the life of
a Certified Medical Assistant/Scribe at Hackensack Meridian Health
- a. Accompany clinicians into patient rooms and transcribe
- b. Actively listen to all conversations pertaining to patient
care between the clinician and other healthcare providers,
patients, family, etc. and document relevant information into the
- c. Document clinician and patient encounters into EMR
- d. Seek out missing information from clinicians to complete the
- e. Gather and input pertinent patient information from external
sources (e.g. outpatient lab tests nursing home/EMR records)
- f. Place phone calls to physician offices, pharmacies, etc. as
requested by the clinician
- g. Keep clinicians informed of resulting diagnostics and
troubleshoot delays in those result
- a. Performs medical assistant duties in a safe and efficient
- b. Prepares patients for examination and treatment; takes brief
patient history that includes chief complaint, vital signs, and
weight; assists physician with procedures; draws blood and obtains
urine specimens; administers injections as approved for CMAs.
- c. Assists the physician with coordinating patient care in the
office, hospital, to referring physicians, and ancillary
- d. Ensures communication among physician, patient, and outside
referral sources is accurate and timely.
- e. Proactively reviews charts in advance of patient intake.
Completes all authorized patient chart documentation in an
accurate, legible and timely manner.
- f. Proactively initiates phone calls to ensure patients are
provided with all necessary information. Informs patients of test
results according to guidelines of the practice and care or follow
- g. All information related to patients is clearly and
accurately documented in the patient -s chart, signed and
- h. Responds to calls as per office protocol and HIPAA
- I. Exam Room Preparation with materials, equipment, etc.
- a. Greets and assists patients and visitors in a prompt,
courteous and helpful manner in all areas.
- b. Promotes patient satisfaction through demonstrated
commitment to providing excellent service by interacting in a
friendly, helpful manner.
- c. Consistently, accurately and independently prioritizes and
completes clinical assignments within office guidelines.
- d. Responding to various messages as directed by the
- e. Inventory and Supply Management as needed.
- f. Complies with all state, federal, and HMH regulatory
- g. Contributes to the overall effectiveness of the practice and
is a team player who supports coworkers. Performs a broad range of
assignments with efficiency and accuracy and in a positive
- h. Other information or instructions as per physician's
- I. Other related duties as assigned by Practice Manager and/or
physicians. This could include supporting other offices.
- j. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of
behavior.Qualifications: Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Superb listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited
to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms Education,
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- 1+ years prior medical office experience Licenses and
- Certified Medical Assistant or Certified Clinical Medical
Assistant or Certified Registered Medical Assistant or National
Certified Medical Assistant or Clinical Medical Assistant
Certificate or Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant or
Registered Clinical Medical Assistant Specialist
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification. If you
feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths
and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Brick , Scribe Certified Medical Assistant- Ocean Park Internal Medcine (Physician Practice), Healthcare , Oakhurst, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!