Posted on: March 13, 2023
Specialty: PediatricsWe are in search of an energetic,
motivated, and organized dental assistant with a positive attitude
who is looking for growth and development in their field, and the
opportunity to ascend in a growing organization that puts the care
of its patients and the satisfaction of its employees first. If
this interests you and you want to work in an enjoyable and fun
environment that promotes learning and teamwork, look no further.
We offer up-to-date equipment and technology, experienced and
friendly staff and dentists who truly care about their patients.
This position is offering competitive compensation and a benefits
package that include medical, 401k, vision, and more. Experience is
preferred but training is available. Please send us your resume! We
would love to hear from you!Education
- Chairside Dental Assistant certificate preferableDuties and
- Responsible for assisting the Dentist in rendering patient
care, maintaining inventory control in the operatories where
treatment is rendered by the Provider, and maintaining public area
- Assists the Dentist in rendering patient care
- Reinforces preventative maintenance instructions to
- Seats and prepares the patients for treatment
- Cleans operatory after treatment procedures (i.e. suction
- Readies tray set-ups for procedures
- Monitors the operatory supply levels
- Assists in clerical duties as required
- Sterilizes instruments
- Exposes and develops radiographs (if x-ray licensed)
- Takes preliminary impression for needed procedures (RDA
- Monitors prosthetic cases and ensures they are ready for the
patient's appointment including contacting patient for
- Coordinates this activity with the Front Desk
- Monitors lab-tracking system for pick-up and delivery
- Ensures that dental chairs are in an upright position at the
end of the day
- Labels all containers, bottles and drawers
- Monitors lab area for cleanliness
- Manages telephones
- Maintains clinical log sheet for upkeep of operatory
- Informs Clinical Coordinator or Office Manager of instrument
and equipment malfunctions
- Records patient vital signs on New Patients and on Recalls
- Ensures consent for specialty services have required signatures
and are placed in chart
- Schedules patient's next appointment there at the chair
- Pours and trims models and labels them properly
- Promotes office-marketing items (Oral-B toothbrushes, Zoom,
- Assists Office Manager when necessary performing other assigned
- Shares maintenance duties when and where able
- Logs-off computer at end of dayOffice Management Controls
- Receives general supervision from Clinical Coordinator,
Assistant Office Manager, Office Manager and/or Dental Director
regarding unusual problems, emergencies or new situations and
direct patient treatment supervision from the ProviderComplexity
- The position involves having the expertise to anticipate the
patient's and the Provider's needsScope and Effect
- The Chairside Dental Assistant is instrumental in reducing
stress levels for the Provider and the patient; reduction of these
levels is directly related to the ability of the Chairside Dental
Assistant to anticipate the needs of the Provider and the
patient.TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTThe physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position, either sitting
or standing, for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally lifts, carries, pushes, or drags boxes or
equipment up to 20 lbs.
- Frequently moves inside the office to access file cabinets,
office machinery, etc.
- Occasionally required to position self in a stooping, kneeling,
or crouching manner.
- Frequently required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel
objects, tools, machinery and computers.
- Frequently communicates with others and must be able to
exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Frequently operates a computer and other electronic
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to
- Requires some flexibility in scheduling, such as the ability to
work evenings and weekends.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: ProSmile, Brick , Dental Assistant, Healthcare , Howell, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...