Registered Nurse, Critical Care
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: September 12, 2018
OverviewHow have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system. The CCU RN demonstrates clinical excellence and is able to adapt to any critical care patient need, including roles in Rapid Response, Code Stroke, STEMI, and Code Blue. Candidates will be expected to achieve a national nursing certification within two years. Candidates will maintain 30 contact hours per year, and participate in unit based Shared Governance. Critical Care Team performance expectations include continuing education, performance improvement, utilization of evidence based practice, and maintaining AACN Healthy Work Environment Standards.ResponsibilitiesA day in the life of a Registered Nurse at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Delivery of nursing practices according to the most up-to-date evidence-based research, nursing policies, and standards of care, to provide and ensure safe and excellent delivery of individualized patient care.
- Providing resources for other nurses in the hospital by being part of the Rapid Response/Code Team, Stroke Team and STEMI Team.
- Responsible for optimal patient/guest satisfaction and care experience according to Hackensack Meridian Health standards.
- Ongoing communication with patients, nursing colleagues and other members of the health care team regarding patient's status, rendered care and treatment plans.
- Medication administration utilizing the newest advancements in bar-scanning and documentation technologies designed to ensure the safest delivery of medications to our patients.
- Ongoing Point-of-Care electronic documentation of each individual patient's assessments, plan-of-care, interventions and evaluation of rendered care.
- Patient and family centered education aimed at optimizing health, wellness and disease management.
- Multi-disciplinary discharging of patients to ensure safe transitioning and continuum of care
- Stroke resource nurse, hemodynamics, ventilators, rapid response, STEMI management, critical thinking, end of life care, excellent customer service skills, multitasking, prioritization, great interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Participation in CARE (Clinical Ladder) within 18 months of hire Qualifications
- Current and valid New Jersey Nursing license is required.
- Active American Heart Association (AHA) BLS/CPR certification is required
- ACLS certification is required.
- Minimum of 1 year Critical Care Experience Required
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) strongly preferred
- Proficiency in the care of complex medical, cardiac and surgical patients.
- Experience with CRRT, IABP, Therapeutic Hypothermia, ICP Monitoring, invasive pressure monitoring, and Roto-Prone strongly preferred.
- NIH Stroke Certification, 12 Lead EKG, Critical Care Course strongly preferred.
- Candidate required to achieve a national nursing certification within 2 years of hire.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Brick , Registered Nurse, Critical Care, Healthcare , Brick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!