Physician - CBOC Primary Care (PACT)
Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Posted on: September 14, 2018
VA New Jersey Health Care System (VANJHCS) seeks to recruit a full-time Primary Care (PACT) Physician at its Brick, NJ Community-Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC). PACT denotes the "Patient Aligned Care Team," which is the VA's patient-centered medical home model. The CBOCs are a section within Ambulatory Care Service under the Chief Medical Officer and the Chief of the CBOCs, who reports to the Associate Chief of Staff of Ambulatory Care Service. The key role of the Primary Care Physician is to provide comprehensive patient-centered primary medical care to a panel of Veterans through a team-based approach. The primary care services provided to Veterans by the PACT provider include the spectrum of whole health from wellness to chronic disease management, women's health care, preventive health care, pain management, and population health management. The Primary Care Physician reports to the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and the immediate designated clinical supervisor within Ambulatory Care Service, and collaborates with the CBOC Administrative Officer (AO) and others assigned as CBOC administrative and clinical supervisors (Nurse Manager/Administrative Supervisors). He/she will partner with a Primary Care PACT Team including nursing and clerical support, and the extended PACT team. The extended PACT team members are comprised of Primary Care Mental Health, Nutrition, Health Coaching, Prevention, Integrative Medicine, and Virtual Health. PACT Primary Care at the Brick CBOC is actively undergoing Patient-Centered Care Whole Health transformation with the opportunity to participate in training, inter-disciplinary collaboration, and process improvement team projects. Our PACT vision is to "Fulfill our promise to partner with Veterans to provide an optimal experience that promotes whole health and well-being." You will have the opportunity to join the PACT teams on their Whole Health journey in partnership with Veterans. Work Schedule: Full Time, Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm plus rotating Saturdays and a weekly evening clinic. Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.Basic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below. Preferred Experience: Board certification and experience in routine women's health is strongly preferred. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.Physical Requirements: Work is mostly sedentary in nature. Work requires moderate lifting, walking, bending, stooping, standing, pushing, and pulling. Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Resume VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), etc.
- Cover Letter
- Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)
- Other Veterans Document
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Brick , Physician - CBOC Primary Care (PACT), Healthcare , Brick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!