Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Posted on: October 26, 2018
The East Orange Emergency Department psychiatrist provides crisis management for patients presenting in ED and completes psychiatric assessments, admission notes, admission orders along with suicide risk assessments , brief interventions, handles medication refill requests in urgent care clinic, responds to CRISIS calls, responds to CODE GREY (Telephone crisis calls) curb side consultations to ED physicians if necessary. Also provides coverage on inpatient and Consultation & liaison service during Staffing outages & vacations along with on-call coverage on beeper for the East Orange campus. In addition assists and coordinate transfer requests from community hospitals to VA. The inpatient acute psychiatric unit at East Orange Campus is within the General Psychiatry Patient Based Program located under Mental Health and Behavioral Sciences (MH&BS) service line. As a Psychiatrist assigned to the Mental Health Service at outpatient clinics, you will provide prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to all ill and injured veterans. Applicants are eligible for appointment to the faculty of the UMNDJ-New Jersey Medical School and/or the Robert Wood-Johnson Medical School. Participation in teaching and clinical research is encouraged. In addition, we offer a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package including health, life, disability and long-term care insurance, and retirement benefits. We are also actively recruiting On-Call physicians to provide coverage for the East Orange and Lyons campus for all psychiatric care needs after normal working hours. The selected candidate will be responsible for providing psychiatric care for veterans seen in the emergency room and for in-house patients as needed on the off tours, i.e. overnight, weekends, and holidays. Pay is $100/hr. Work Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm Financial Disclosure Report: Not required The incumbent for this position may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional informationBasic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below. Preferred Experience: Board certification or eligibility in Psychiatry Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: See VA Handbook 5005, Part III, Chapter 2, paragraph 7, and VA Handbook 5019, Occupational Health Services. All applicants must be physically and mentally able to perform efficiently the duties of the position.None To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes (upload C.V. as resume document type):
- Resume VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Brick , Psychiatrist -, Healthcare , Brick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!