Social Worker Bs
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: June 13, 2019
How have you impacted someone s life today* At Hackensack Meridian
Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of
our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every
day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health
teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities,
our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your
skills in multiple settings while building your career all within
New Jersey s premier healthcare system.
The Social Worker will plan, organize and implement social work
service to residents and families. They will plan for discharge and
aftercare, maintain contact with referring agencies and related
people, and with community resources used for referral. They will
also assess psychosocial needs and assist with adjustment to long
term care issues.
A day in the life of a Social Worker at Hackensack Meridian can be
described as follows:
* Interviews patients /families to assess and evaluate the patient
s psychological adjustment to illness/disability, the family s
ability to assist with care, and their social, environmental,
complex discharge planning and/or continuing care needs.
* Evaluate data gathered in terms of the medical plan of treatment,
available social service programs, and plan a pertinent therapy
program that will provide maximum benefit for each patient.
* Assist patient/families to understand, accept and follow medical
* Performs a variety of services such as advising on social
problems, arranging for discharge or post-operative care at home or
institutions, placement of patients into foster homes and
alleviation of anxiety and fears.
* Utilize resources to assist patient to resume life in the
community or learn to live with disability.
* Maintains a current case record of each patient and records the
social work assessment, intervention provided, and plan developed
in the patient s medical chart/case management record including the
psychological, social and/or economic aspects related to the
patient s care.
* Prepare and update records for each patient. Prepare required
documentation of each case.
* Maintains records, reports as required.
* Attend meetings as required and participate on committees as
* Completes all assessments, attends care plan team meetings.
* Assists with long term care adjustments and related issues.
* Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Social Services is required
* One (1) or more years of experience in a geriatric setting is
* Must have certificate issued by the State of NJ to practice as a
CSW, LSW or LCSW
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the
recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color,
creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
disability, veteran status and any other category protected by
federal or state law.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Brick , Social Worker Bs, Healthcare , Brick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!