Certified Medical Assistant
Company: Barnabas Health
Posted on: November 17, 2019
Certified Medical Assistant
Req #: 0000044904
Category: Medical Assistant
Corporate Care at MSC, 600 RIVER AVE, LAKEWOOD, NJ 07470
The Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for delivery of
quality patient services, office communication, and information
storage and retrieval services to patients and staff by performing
related reception and clerical duties. Assist physician in
providing primary health care and management of patient care. Is
responsible for reporting identified safety issues such as
hazardous environments (i.e. damaged floors/walls/ceiling
tiles/unsecured areas) and medical errors.
- Assists with both front office and back office duties.
- Greets patients, update demographics, verifies insurance, and
collects payments as necessary.
- Answers phones and schedules patient appointments.
- Assists physicians with patient treatment and minor
- Communicate with insurance carriers to obtain authorizations
for procedures and pharmaceuticals.
- Handles patient s requests for medical information, copies of
medical records, refills, test results, etc. as instructed by the
physician with signature, obtains patient release forms in
accordance with patient confidentiality and medical record release
policies. Schedule testing (in or out of office).
- Call in patient s prescriptions to pharmacies.
- Maintain inventory of medical and pharmaceutical supplies,
order and stock as needed. Maintain drug cabinet.
- Maintains patient files, records and other information.
- Notify patient of change in medications/diet and reminders
regarding appointments. Monitor patients need for weekly and/or
- Notify physician of any situation they determine emergent.
- Performs routine medical testing, i.e. blood testing, ekgs,
pulmonary function tests, spirometry tests, hearing, vision
(including color blindness test), urinalysis, rapid strep tests and
drug screening, injections and vaccinations.
- Prepare lab requests forms and tests to be forwarded to lab.
Post lab results and file in patients files.
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Takes patients
brief history and vital signs.
- Responsible for performing duties independently following
established and standardized procedures and methods, referring
questionable situations to immediate supervisor or others.
- Telephones patient follow-up on their condition after office
visit as per the physician s instructions.
- Call patients or other physicians with results of exams and
tests. Hours*: Shifts will be between the hours of 7:30am and
*Hours are subject to change as business needs require. Position
will float between Toms River, Lakewood, and occasionally the Long
- Certified Medical Assistant is required.
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- At least six (6) months to one (1) year of relevant experience
and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and
experience. Previous medical assistant experience or background
- Must have a Nationally Certified Medical Assistant or
Registered Medical Assistant certification through AMT, NHA, NCCT,
AAMA, NCMA, AMCA, or NAHP. OR qualify and obtain certification
within 60 days of hire.
- BLS required. Individual is expected to attend some classes
that educate and improve medical service skills on a yearly basis
and produce supporting documentation.
- Bilingual is a plus.Other Duties:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Barnabas Health is New Jersey---s largest integrated health care
delivery system, providing treatment and services to more than two
million patients each year. Throughout Barnabas Health, our
dedicated physicians, nurses, and health professionals are
committed to providing the highest quality of patient care and
health education to the community and region.Barnabas Health offers
a broad depth and breadth of services and is one of the leading
health care systems in the nation, receiving widespread recognition
for clinical excellence and patient safety. Barnabas Health---s
network includes seven acute care hospitals, two children---s
hospitals, a behavioral health center, including a statewide
behavioral health network, ambulatory care facilities, geriatric
centers, specialized women---s health services, and comprehensive
home care and hospice services. Our 5,200 doctors and 21,000
employees deliver top quality care to 1.5 million outpatients,
220,000 inpatients, and 540,000 Emergency Department patients, and
deliver 20,000 babies each year.We want our patients and their
families to know that they can expect the highest level of care,
delivered cost-effectively, wherever they see the name Barnabas
Health. Each Barnabas employee contributes to a culture of
responsibility, improvement, and quality at every one of our
facilities, every day.
Keywords: Barnabas Health, Brick , Certified Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Lakewood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!