Teller / Customer Service Rep - PT
Company: New York Community Bancorp, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
$1,000 Sign-On Award eligible to qualified EXTERNAL candidates
who have been presented with an offer of employment. Active NYCB
employees are not eligible for this payment. Sign-On Award is
payable following the completion of 6 months of employment with
NYCB. Monetary awards of this nature are treated as supplemental
income and taxed accordingly. JOB SUMMARY A Teller/Customer Service
Rep. (Financial Services Associate) is responsible for providing
customers with high quality, prompt, and professional financial
services. As a single point of contact, performs a variety of
customer banking transactions and provides quality service to
existing and new clients in accordance with the rules, regulations,
and guidelines of the Bank. Participates in the development of
client relationships by cross-selling banking products and services
as appropriate. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Processes all customer related financial transactions in
accordance with the rules, regulations, and guidelines of the
- Opens new accounts that include but are not limited to savings,
checking, certificates and IRAs according to customer needs.
Accurately prepares all required documents for completing the
- Answers inquiries and provides information to customers in
person, by telephone and by mail on various accounts and other bank
services. Assists customers with routine issues and refers to
management staff if necessary.
- Assists in the achievement of branch sales goals by developing,
setting and achieving personal sales and referral goals.
- Proactively solicits and promotes new business by actively
selling Bank products, conducting sales activities and referring
business to other units of the Bank.
- Develops new and expands existing client relationships by
identifying current and potential client needs and by cross-selling
Bank products, participating in business development and CRA
- Processes various customer transactions including but not
limited to cash, check and ATM deposits, withdrawals, check
cashing, account closeouts, loan payments; issues bank checks, and
U.S. Savings Bonds redemption. Balances cash drawer and prepares
- Services customer accounts, executes changes of address, ATM
claims, and all other account servicing requests.
- Opens vault and verifies cash shipments in conjunction with
leadership team member. Assists with ATM settlement.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by utilizing Bank
- Performs special projects, and additional duties and
responsibilities as required.
- Where applicable and when performing the responsibilities of
the job, employees are accountable to maintain Sarbanes-Oxley
compliance and adhere to internal control policies and procedures.
Job Requirements: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Retail sales, customer service, cash handling experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a process-driven role
handling credit or financial transactions such as; billing analyst
at a medical facility, auto dealership, insurance practice or other
comparable experience. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Computer literate with general proficiency in an application
such as; billing, invoicing, cash management or other workflow
- Customer service focused.
- Detail oriented.
- Demonstrated multitasking skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment. - NEW YORK
Based in Hicksville, NY, New York Community Bank is a New York
State-chartered savings bank serving customers throughout Metro New
York, New Jersey, Ohio, Arizona and Florida. New York Community
Bank serves customers through over 200 branches featuring a
divisional structure: Queens County Savings Bank, Roslyn Savings
Bank, Richmond County Savings Bank, Roosevelt Savings Bank and
Atlantic Bank in New York; Garden State Community Bank in New
Jersey; Ohio Savings Bank in Ohio; and AmTrust Bank in Florida and
Arizona. With a longstanding reputation of strength, stability and
service, NYCB is proud to be committed to the communities it
serves. To learn more about the NYCB Family of Banks visit us at
-www.MyNYCB.com -. Help recruit top talent for NYCB through the
employee referral program. All NYCB employees are encouraged to
submit referrals. Locate top talent right in the community where
you live, work and play. Amazing individuals are all around be sure
to let them know how they can become a part of the NYCB family.
NYCB is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination
on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ethnicity,
religion, marital status, disability, military status, veteran
status, domestic violence victim status, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other
classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This policy against discrimination applies to all terms and
conditions of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment
and selection, promotion and demotion, transfer, training and
development, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence and
termination. NYCB will consider reasonable accommodations for
employees and applicants with disabilities, as well as
accommodations that are necessary for an employee to practice their
Keywords: New York Community Bancorp, Inc., Brick , Teller / Customer Service Rep - PT, Hospitality & Tourism , Brick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!