Company: Christmas Tree Shops
Posted on: September 20, 2022
The Store Manager will be directly responsible for the overall
performance of the store with a focus on sales and profitability.
The Store Manager leads and develops the store team to drive
results by cultivating an environment based on integrity, trust,
and respect. This leader will manage and develop the team to drive
sales and service, through a focus on the customer, and strong
operational and merchandising execution.
- Drive sales and service performance through the execution of a
productive freight flow process, efficient front-end operation, and
positive in store experience.
- Oversees store payroll budgets and ensures compliance through
partnerships with the District Director.
- Drive a culture of Customer Service, through leadership,
program execution and accountability and react with urgency to
issues impacting the customer experience.
- Motivate, empower and inspire team members with clear direction
and developmental feedback that encourages growth, drives results
and builds a culture of engagement.
- Ensures applicant interest is addressed daily and to enhance
experience and fill jobs quickly.
- Facilitates onboarding and training for new associates, and
provides ongoing coaching and training to existing associates.
- Respond promptly to associate needs and partners with HRBP and
District Director for issues that are unable to be resolved at the
store level or require higher level approvals.
- Partners with the DD to ensure store compliance with all
policies, procedures, and guidelines through store visits and
consistent communication and action.
- Limit Total Loss and protect company assets by training and
executing in store programs.
- Effectively utilizes reports to analyze trends, identify
opportunities and react to findings.
- Oversees the implantation of merchandising plans.
- Takes action to ensure the cleanliness of stores and overall
maintenance of the building.
- Utilizes store P&L reporting to drive profitability of
- Supports development and execution of store staffing
- Participate in the annual physical inventory process of
- Champions and embraces new corporate initiatives and
- Effective communication and partnership between and among store
team, district and regional management and others within the
- Other tasks as necessary.
IMPORTANT CHARACTERISTICS AND BEHAVIORS FOR SUCCESS
- Results oriented with a high degree of resilience and
perseverance. Ability to maintain focus on goals and objectives
that deliver results.
- Capable of leveraging data and analysis to identify trends and
react with urgency.
- Acts with urgency to resolve issues impacting service or
- Proactive. Able to anticipate obstacles or develop plans that
- Weighs the impact on the customer in planning and decision
- Able to leverage multiple points of data to reach sound
conclusions and develop strategies.
- The ability to coach, develop and inspire others. A trusted
advisor with strong confidence and low ego.
- Must be both hands on and strategic with the ability to
navigate between the two.
- Exhibits optimism and enthusiasm. People feel positively
challenged when working with this person. Is responsive and enjoys
helping other achieve their goals.
- Must have the courage to push back but possess the wisdom and
maturity to do so tactfully.
- Able to navigate in the grey and lead self and others through
times of ambiguity.
- Must be a steward of ethics and discretion when it comes to
handling sensitive information.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of management in experience in retail.
- Proven ability to lead teams while building strong
relationships with key stakeholders.
- Possesses excellent communication skills both verbal and
- Minimally be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 40
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged
standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job
CTS is a value brick and mortar home goods retailer with a
specialty in seasonal products. The Christmas Tree Shops experience
revolves around a trend-right, always-changing mix of merchandise
that makes each customer visit a shopping adventure of anticipation
and delight. The 50-year-old company has roots in the Northeast
with the first store located on Cape Cod, Massachusetts, and today
operates 80 stores in 20 states.
Keywords: Christmas Tree Shops, Brick , Store Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Brick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!