Location: Toms River
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Journeys is a leader in the teen specialty retail scene, with more
than 800 stores in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and Canada. Journeys
uses fashion savvy and merchandising science to keep in step with
the fast-paced footwear and accessories market for 13 to
22-year-old guys and girls.
Journeys offers a wide variety of trendy, relevant brands that
cater to teens that seek the hottest, new styles. However, the
Journeys store is more than a retail environment -- it's an
extension of the teen lifestyle. From the TVs playing exclusive
content and the latest music videos, to the visual merchandising
strategy and promotions, to the employees whose image and style
reflect the customers' lifestyle and attitude. Journeys is, in
every way, an attitude you can wear!
Journeys is always looking for great people to join our team!
For more information check out: http://www.journeys.com/careers
WHY WORK FOR JOURNEYS?
- We're committed to our people - we want you to succeed!
- We offer rapid promotions for top performers - we promote from
- Tangible results of your hard work reflected in your
paycheck... Work Hard- Make Good Money, Work Harder- Make GREAT
- Compensation includes base pay, sales commission, and bonus
- Great Store Environment
- Excellent Benefits
- We are fun, a bit irreverent and encourage you to embrace your
To recruit, hire, train and manage store personnel to achieve store
sales plan, control expenses, and to protect company assets while
pursing growth opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet and exceed personal and store sales goal and standards of
- Provide a fun, full service experience to all customers.
- Recruit, interview, and hire high caliber employees with in
- Train and develop a successful sales team.
- Provide feedback, coaching, and accountability to all
- Conduct Monthly Performance Reviews
- Conduct Monthly Store Meetings
- Recognize talented staff and develop them for growth within the
- Supervise and manage all aspects of daily store
- Supervise and manage all aspects of Loss Prevention
- Plan weekly staffing schedules in compliance with schedules
- Resolve customer issues effectively.
- Understand the Journeys culture and demonstrate it to the
Learn more about what it's like to work at Journeys at
- Prior management experience in retail environment
- 1-2 years retail sales experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Desire to succeed in fast paced retail environment.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to climb, reach, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work 45 hours per week.
- Ability to work night and weekend shifts.
- Completed all training programs leading up to Manager in
- Stand for long periods of time
- Must be at least 18 years of age.*
*Age requirement for full time employment may vary based on
Check out the following website for more information on all our
Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex,
religion, national origin, age, veteran status, pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical condition, physical or mental
disability of otherwise qualified individuals, medical condition,
genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital or
registered domestic/civil union partner status, gender identity
and/or expression, or any other factor that the law protects from
All employment decisions are based on business needs, job
requirements and individual qualifications. This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited
to, recruitment and hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
reductions in force, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training. Any applicant or employee who needs a
reasonable accommodation to apply for employment or to perform the
essential functions of his or her job should email
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (615)367-7467. Genesco's
employment practices will continue to be directed toward full
utilization of all available human resources. We believe that this
approach to our human resources is not only legally and morally
proper, but also is an intelligent and economic business
Keywords: Journeys, Brick , Store Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Toms River, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!