Company: BJs Wholesale Club
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our
home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. Were
committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members,
helping them save every day on everything they need for their
family and home. BJs Wholesale Club offers a collaborative,
team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow
and excel. The Club Manager is the leader of a BJ's club.
Responsible for leading the operations and profitability of the
club, delivering on company strategic priorities, providing
market-leading value on merchandise and services, excellent member
experience, managing Team Members and developing talent, and
ensuring a safe and positive environment and experience for Team
Members and Members.Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Effectively leads the team by managing with vision and purpose,
clearly communicating and giving direction, and validating
- Creates a club culture where team members feel challenged, know
how to be successful, are encouraged to do their best, and are
recognized for their accomplishments.
- Manages talent and builds a strong bench by encouraging team
member growth and development, holding team members accountable,
having difficult conversations, and providing honest and actionable
- Learns quickly and adapts to change. Effectively communicates
to team members to enable them to do their jobs effectively by
sharing necessary information, explaining the whys, and keeping
- Exhibits strong decision-making capabilities that align with
the Companys strategic priorities and support the achievement of
club operational goals and objectives.
- Maintains awareness of local competition and current trends in
the retail marketplace.
- Controls operating costs and establishes operational
- Implement new concepts to maximize profitability.
- Embraces the Companys core values / purpose and ensures team
members do the same. Creates a great shopping experience for
members that is dedicated to exceeding member expectations.
- Meets planned profit objectives through effective techniques,
technological improvements and productivity enhancements. Monitors
expenses and adjusts expenditures as necessary to achieve profit
- Attains planned sales volume through effective supervision of
warehouse management and communication with the Home Office.
- Maintains a roadmap for achieving targets in key performance
areas designated by Home Office, such as productivity (sales/hours,
audit, shrink, turnover).Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience as a retail store, supermarket, or
warehouse operations manager required.
- A strong drive for results and solid work ethic is required.
Must be honest, straight-forward and committed to providing high
levels of service to members.
- Excellent communication skills required. Must be able to lead
and motivate a large team.
- Solid understanding of profit & loss statements, shrink
control, staff development, merchandising, customer service,
problem solving and conflict resolution required.
- High school diploma and/or college degree preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including
managing/supervising cross-functional teams, training team members,
and driving and communicating results.
- Open shift availability required.
- At least 18 years of age.Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard
surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to
examine or scan merchandise, which may also require bending,
pulling, reaching, climbing and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects in excess
of 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area with frequent exposure to
temperature extremes and loud noises. There may be occasional
exposure to cleaning agents.Headquartered in Marlborough,
Massachusett s, BJ's Wholesale Club is a leading operator of
membership warehouse clubs in the Eastern United States. The
company currently operates more than 229 clubs, 160 BJ's Gas
locations and 7 distribution centers. BJs is a Fortune 500 company
and was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept
in the northeastern United States. Become an integral member of the
BJs Wholesale Club team, where we help our Members stock up for
less in a convenient one-stop shop.
Keywords: BJs Wholesale Club, Brick , Club Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Manahawkin, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!