Microsoft Active Directory Administrator
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Job Description - Microsoft Active Directory Administrator
(092594) Job Description Microsoft Active Directory Administrator -
( 092594 ) Description Join Eaton's Information Technology team and
help positively impact our business through leading technologies,
exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We
are currently seeking an--IT Infrastructure Senior Analyst - Active
Directory to join our team. This role of an Infrastructure Senior
Analyst - Active Directory is a technical position that requires
the individual to possess a basic understanding of a wide range of
enterprise applications software and technologies, as well as
business objectives and system requirements. Candidate must possess
an effective blend of work experience, education and training in
all essential functions. The individual is expected to work without
direct guidance from the team manager and may lead small to
mid-range projects to deliver new services or enhance existing
ones. The role is essentially 60% support and 40% design and
delivery in nature. The role includes the following duties and
- Daily administration of Eaton's Active Directory infrastructure
and components that include any/all of the following tasks:
- Daily handling of both automated and user submitted Remedy
- Troubleshooting, data analysis and reporting of application and
infrastructure environments that may assist other teams with
incident and problem investigations.
- Delivery of new or enhanced services that align with our
- Evaluation of new software or processes that may lead to new or
- On-call (after hours) support of responsible technology
- Professional engagement with internal Eaton customers that may
include troubleshooting, training, and leading or participating in
online or in-person meetings.
- Strict adherence to Eaton's ITIL processes, especially
Incident, Problem, Change and Project Management. In this role you
- Maintains best performance of Active Directory. Plans and
implements updates or modifications according to business needs.
Promotes and develops enterprise monitoring processes across
platforms and functions.
- Utilizes experienced level of Windows administration, at a
minimum, for toolset installs, maintenance activities, and
- Collects and solicits data from customers concerning
performance issues in order to provide an appropriate
- Incorporates strong problem-solving capabilities and ability to
effectively employ available resources and best practices (i.e.
automation of manual procedures) where applicable.
- Utilizes strong communication and collaboration skills to meet
performance and customer requirements. Recommends and presents
solutions to all levels of management on desirable or necessary
technology changes or improvements.
- Delivers solutions following established team and business
standards, though approved Eaton processes.
- Operates in a large network / distributed infrastructure
environment as a resource in large-scale, highly complex
infrastructure projects. Fault/Performance/Service Level Management
in the enterprise space.
- Follows established and standard Eaton processes for all
functions (ITIL or otherwise).
- Responds to off-hours incidents as needed to resolve customer
- Adaptive and flexible, client-friendly, professional attitude
with an ability to effectively communicate with business as well as
- Seeks out other resources to resolve problems. Deadline driven
with an ability to successfully prioritize requests from multiple
- Documents and records procedures as needed and contributes to
organizational content repositories. Qualifications Basic
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited
institution is required
- Minimum 5 years working in an Information Technology (IT) role
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. If
the candidate resides within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio, the
candidate must work at that site. If the--candidate resides more
than 50 miles away from Beachwood, Ohio,--the candidate will work
remote from another--US Eaton Facility or an approved home
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware
which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of
ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent
Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory 2012 or
- Strong knowledge of Windows 2008 and higher operating systems.
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in an information systems
discipline from an accredited institution.
- Scripting experience in Windows PowerShell.
- Familiarity with Group Policy and DNS concepts
- Domain Controller build process, roles and forest version
upgrades We make what matters work. Everywhere you look-from the
technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical
services and infrastructure that we depend on every day-you'll find
one thing in common. It all relies on power. That's why Eaton is
dedicated to improving people's lives and the environment with
power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient,
safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are
confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes
that our employees embody. We're ethical, passionate, accountable,
efficient, transparent and we're committed to learning. These
values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the
planet, never losing sight of what matters. Job : Information
Technology Primary Location : United States-Ohio-Cleveland Work
Locations : Beachwood OH Loc 1000 Eaton Boulevard Cleveland 44122
Organization : Corporate Sector Job Level Schedule : Full-time Is
remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position? : Yes
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Brick , Microsoft Active Directory Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Beachwood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!