Posted on: February 21, 2021
In business since 1938, this company has been pioneering some of
the most innovative applications in LED technology since it was
developed in the early 1970s. We have an immediate opening for a
Firmware Engineer. The successful candidate will have the
opportunity to work on challenging projects and make a meaningful
contribution to the success of the company using their development
skill and expertise in the following areas:Position
- Developing new and updating existing embedded firmware using C
on 8-bit and 32-bit microcontrollers.
- Using common tools such as debuggers, emulators, logic
analyzers, oscilloscopes, and volt meters to test hardware and
confirm that firmware is operating correctly.
- Working with QA and manufacturing to develop test and support
tools by writing custom code for in-house and commercially
- Working with the hardware design team to select and understand
critical design components and creating prototype sensor concepts
for evaluation on the test strategies, possible outcomes and
- Writing test plans for executing by development or the QA team
and providing insight on the test strategies, possible outcomes and
- Exercising good technical judgement in planning and executing
work and maintaining an agile mindset.Required Skills &
- Extensive experience writing and modifying firmware for
- A bachelor's degree or career experience in computer science or
computer engineering or electrical engineering.
- Experience and strong working knowledge in the following:
- Microchip or ARM.
- Serial protocols: RS-232, RS-422/485, SPI, I2C, MODBUS-RT.
- ADC and DAC
- Real time clocks and sensors
- PC hardware, software and interfaces
- Wireless communication protocols (WIFI, Zigbee and
- Both C and C++ programming in 8, 16 and 32-bit embedded
- Comfortable with trouble-shooting to the component level (good
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in engineering documentation.PLUSES:Knowledge of SNMP,
JIRA About Aerotek:We know that a company's success starts with its
employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with
the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and
Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive
advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract
employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in
recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised
offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000
contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an
Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn
more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer
and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex,
age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Brick , Firmware Engineer, Other , Farmingdale, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!