Senior Cybersecurity Specialist
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: February 23, 2021
req # 111121 Location Beachwood, Ohio Facility CC Administrative
Campus Professional Area IT and Cybersecurity Department 4878
Cybersecurity Technology Protection-Information Tech Div Jobcode
T98511 Schedule Full Time Shift 9:00am-5:00pm Job Details Performs
all necessary duties to ensure the safety of information technology
assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent
access. This position will frequently collaborate with
Cybersecurity Management and provide guidance and direction for the
Cybersecurity program. Provides best solutions to identified needs,
meeting specific operational and business objectives, technology
capabilities, and human resource requirements. Frequently
collaborates with Cybersecurity leadership on projects and
direction for the Cybersecurity program. Additionally, provides
specialized technical expertise and support to clients, IT
management, and staff in risk assessments, implementation and
operational aspects of Cybersecurity procedures and products.
Maintains and fosters the ongoing service relationships throughout
- Maintains baselines for the secure configuration and
- Tracks all activity, ensuring timely resolution of
- Leading the identification of advanced security systems and
controls to ensure the monitoring and configuring of security
- Leads Cybersecurity projects, including planning, obtaining
customer input and projecting resource requirements.
- Collaborates on IT projects to ensure that security issues are
addressed throughout the project life cycle.
- Analyzes and integrates Security Solutions into multiple
platforms, including Clinical and Financial Systems.
- Researches and assesses new threats and security alerts and
recommends remedial action.
- Reviews security system requirements with customers and
translates requirements into specific functions or
- Analyzes flow chart processes and recommends ways to reduce
steps and increase efficiency through use of technology.
- May coach or provide guidance to lower-level security
professionals and supports the continuous process of optimizing
- Effectively communicates security procedures and policies with
- Weighs business needs against security concerns and articulate
issues to management.
- Provides after-hours support.
- Other duties as assigned.Preferred Qualifications:
- Endpoint protective technologies (antivirus, antimalware, DNS
- Enterprise software deployment to enterprise systems.
- Experience with expedited rollout of technology staff to sites
through M&A activities.
- Ability to work outside standard EST time zone if needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or
related field preferred.
- A High School diploma/GED required. Certifications:
- Certifications from SysAdmin, Audit, Network and Security
Institute (SANS), International Information Systems Security
Certification Consortium (ISC2) or Computing Technology Industry
Association (CompTIA) preferred or other position related
- For Information Technology Division caregivers, ITIL
Foundations certification is required within 6 months of position
start date.Complexity of Work:
- Understanding of networking/distributed computing environment
- Requires familiarity with complex domain structures, user
authentication mechanisms and cryptography.
- Has in-depth knowledge of intrusion detection and data
- Practical knowledge of network topology and the underlying OSI
- Understands principles of client/server configuration.
- Excellent knowledge of security technology and strong
- Strong analytical, administrative, presentation, and project
management skills are required.
- Must have strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
and the ability to work independently.Work Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED: A minimum of 9 years of Information,
Clinical or Financial Systems experience required, including
directing, planning and scheduling a major information system
project, with at least 5 years of Cyber Security required.
- Bachelor's Degree: A minimum of 7 years of Information, Cyber
Security, Clinical or Financial Systems experience required,
including directing, planning and scheduling a major information
system project, with at least 5 years of Cyber Security
- Both Bachelor's Degree and High School Diploma/GED: Experience
in providing specialized technical expertise and support to
clients, IT management, and staff in risk assessments,
implementation and operational aspects of Cybersecurity procedures
and products required.Physical Requirements:
- Requires the ability to sit and be stationary for prolonged
periods of time, normal or corrected vision and manual dexterity
sufficient to perform work on a personal computer.
- Requires the ability to walk to various locations throughout
the organization and to function in a stressful
environment.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Keywords: Senior Cybersecurity Specialist,
Senior Cyber Security Specialist, Cyber#LI-MV1 We're here to help
you plan for your career. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an
equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals
with Disabilities. Smoke-free/drug-free environment. If you are
interested in applying for employment with Cleveland Clinic and
need special assistance or an accommodation to complete our
application process, please contact 216.448.CCHR (2247) or email us
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Brick , Senior Cybersecurity Specialist, Other , Beachwood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!