Responsibilities for this Position
Location: Any Location / Remote
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ82996
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
GDIT is looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer to join our Cloud
Engineering and Operations team. We are an Amazon Managed Service
Partner (MSP) providing full-scope cloud engineering, operations,
and development services to multiple government and commercial
customers. We are looking for someone who can help extend and
improve our processes, evangelize the DevOps culture, and can work
with us to improve our infrastructure automation to move our
customers forward. If you are passionate about teaching, learning,
and automating and working in a highly collaborative environment,
we want to hear from you.
This is a REMOTE BASED ROLE
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Provisioning, maintaining and improving our existing cloud
- Researching, designing, developing and/or modifying
enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Using tools such as AWS Systems Manager, Ansible and Git to
improve and speed delivery of our products and services.
- Extending and maintaining automation frameworks in the areas of
infrastructure as code and CI/CD.
- Work with other developers and operations to perform DevOps
- Troubleshooting problems and provides customer support for
software operating systems and application issues.
- Writing and updating technical documentation such as user
manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- BA/BS (or equivalent experience), 5+ years of
- 5+ years of experience with System Engineering.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and building test
- Previous experience building or maintaining full-stack
applications and/or infrastructure.
- Passion for quality and solving problems in complex computing
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Extensive experience with scripting and programming such as
- Knowledge of test and QA automation frameworks.
- Experience with AWS and Azure.
- Willingness to work on a fast-paced team with a "low ego/high
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer.
- Knowledge of government security architecture and/or secure
- Knowledge of containers and hands-on experience with container
technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS and AWS
The likely salary range for this position is $100,000 - $150,000,
this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary;
rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location
and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Any Location / Remote
Additional Work Locations:
Total Rewards at GDIT:
Our benefits package for all US-based employees includes a variety
of medical plan options, some with Health Savings Accounts, dental
plan options, a vision plan, and a 401(k) plan offering the ability
to contribute both pre and post-tax dollars up to the IRS annual
limits and receive a company match. To encourage work/life balance,
GDIT offers employees full flex work weeks where possible and a
variety of paid time off plans, including vacation, sick and
personal time, holidays, paid parental, military, bereavement and
jury duty leave. To ensure our employees are able to protect their
income, other offerings such as short and long-term disability
benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment, personal
accident, critical illness and business travel and accident
insurance are provided or available. We regularly review our Total
Rewards package to ensure our offerings are competitive and reflect
what our employees have told us they value most.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex
government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country.
We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance
critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest
in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today
is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground,
beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering
the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services
needed to get the job done.nnGDIT is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected