Ambulatory Pharmacist - Ambulatory Pharmacy - Per Diem
Company: Hackensack University Medical Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack
Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our
patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day.
From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to
our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our
complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills
in multiple settings while building your career, all within New
Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Ambulatory Pharmacist is responsible for the overall
pharmaceutical care of the patient. This includes the processing of
medications, evaluation of drug therapy, preparation of sterile
products, and patient education. The pharmacist interacts with
other members of the health care team, including physicians and
A day in the life of an Ambulatory Pharmacist at Hackensack
Meridian Health includes:
- Responsible for accurate counts and labeling of scripts.
- Communicates and interacts professionally with physicians,
patients and employees.
- Makes sure prescription work flow efficiently in
- Helps Pharmacy Manager grow business.
- Facilitates processing of off-site prescription orders
- Maintain inventory (including Narcotics and Controls) and
general record keeping in department at all times.
- Maintain monthly inventory levels that meet/below budgets
- Helps maintain cleanliness of area restocks vials and supplies
in dispensing area.
- Supervises overall work flow and accuracy of dispensing
prescription in the department (this includes delegating
- Physically inputs prescription information into pharmacy
computer accurately and efficiently.
- Screens prescription for appropriateness and contacts the
prescriber when necessary to clarify possible allergy,
contraindication, flow for pharmacy technicians.
- Responsible for the final dispensing of medications to patients
in an efficient and accurate manner, including required counseling
on proper use of drug.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from an accredited college of
Pharmacy. Pharm D. strongly preferred
- MUST be a NJ Licensed Pharmacist
- Minimum (2) years of retail Pharmacist experience preferred or
similar experience in a hospital Ambulatory pharmacy.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack University Medical Center, Brick , Ambulatory Pharmacist - Ambulatory Pharmacy - Per Diem, Other , Neptune, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!