Company: Hackensack University Medical Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack
Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our
patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day.
From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to
our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our
complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills
in multiple settings while building your career, all within New
Jersey's premier healthcare system.
As a part of the Community Care Management team.
Responsibilities for this role include: patient education and
outreach, follow-up phone calls, identifying patient care gaps,
assisting in quality audits, assigned patient care and related
administrative duties under the direct supervision of a licensed
healthcare practitioner and other duties as assigned.
A day in the life of a Transition Assistant at Hackensack
Meridian Health includes:
- Works in collaboration with the care manager to support
patients through identifying or recommending in network, community
based assistance, or support programs to help meet patient
- Participates in making follow-up phone calls to target
population as directed by care manager.
- Reviews target patient lists or disease registries to identify
low- and emerging-risk patients.
- Where applicable - Monitor that appropriate home care, hospice
care and other ancillary services (DME, infusion services etc.) are
in place and are being delivered as directed by the care team.
- Conducts follow-up telephone calls to low and rising risk
patients to eliminate identified care gaps (IE preventative call
- Assists with scheduling of care team visits to physician
offices as needed.
- Identifies patient complaints or issues that must be reported
to the appropriate person (IE clinician, social worker, care
manager, or supervisor.
- Performs technical, administrative, and clerical duties as
directed by the licensed healthcare practitioner and within the
scope of training and certification.
- Documents data and care in the population health care
management system and maintains confidentiality.
- Travel to various provider offices.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program.
- 1-3 years CMA experience in a physician practice.
- Telephone etiquette and strong communication skills.
- Ability to travel to various provider offices in Monmouth/Ocean
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, knowledge of Excel.
- Strong interest in working with patients - Ability to
prioritize and multitask , and work in a fast paced diverse team
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Knowledge about population health management and clinical
integration principles and processes.
Licenses & Certifications Required:
- National Medical Assistant Certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack University Medical Center, Brick , Transition Assistant, Other , Neptune, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!