Banquet Captain, Wave Resort - Long Branch, NJ
Company: PM Hotel Group
Location: Long Branch
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Check server and house-person Banquet Event Orders to ensure
that all information is accurate.
- Check room set-up to see that Banquet Event Order directions
are completely followed. Ensure that all public areas are neat and
- Make contact with group representatives. Explain how to make
contact if needed throughout the function.
- Communicate all Banquet Event Order changes to catering or
convention services office and affected departments.
- Coordinate with banquet staff set-ups, changes and time
schedules for all functions.
- Verify staffing levels for the next day's functions. Adjust
schedules accordingly through the addition or cancellation of
servers, bartenders, and/or housepersons.
- Operate as a banquet server when needed; setting up, greeting
and serving the guest, and breaking down the function.
- Inspect banquet areas at end of function to ensure all
equipment is returned to its proper area and all areas are
- Post all banquet checks at end of the day and turn in to night
- Abide by all state, federal and corporate requirements
pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages. Oversee staff to ensure
that proper liquor controls are in use.
- Oversee any cash handling staff to ensure that PM Hotel Group's
cash handling policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting
personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional
appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with
guests. Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room
on a continuous basis throughout the shift. Must be willing to
"pitch-in" and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a
positive guest experience is positive interaction with PM Hotel
Group staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all
times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy
and respect, under all circumstances. Every PM Hotel Group
associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience,
your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel
standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and
attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and
in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or
improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems
that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure
how to do something
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of
utmost importance to PM Hotel Group. Every PM Hotel Group associate
should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures,
particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using
chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions
of the position that are incidental to the performance of the
fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each
section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they
represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to
perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be
assigned by the associate's supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole
discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment
contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all
times, an "at will" associate.
Keywords: PM Hotel Group, Brick , Banquet Captain, Wave Resort - Long Branch, NJ, Other , Long Branch, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!