Retail EWS 2
Location: Toms River
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Sell eyewear products and services utilizing the SERVE selling
strategy to Super Serve the Customer's needs. Schedule
appointments, verify insurance coverage, maintain accurate patient
records, and assist with preliminary testing under the
Optometrist's supervision. Educate patients on lens insertion and
removal and overall care of contact lenses.
Greet all customers in-person and by phone promptly and
professionally as per company customer service standards to include
identifying customers' needs/lifestyle selling, offering current
promotions, multiple pair offerings, obtaining prescription, use of
the lens selling kit, offering our Unbeatable Price/Money-Back
Satisfaction guarantee, etc.
Confirm appointment book: call appointments the day before to
confirm the appointment time. Contact no shows. Call for insurance
pre-authorization; notify patients when their contact lenses are
available for dispensing, etc.
Conduct all pre-test functions for eye exams to
Use the lensometer to inspect finished eyeglasses to ensure
compliance to the 7-Point Quality Check as well as provide a
thorough dispense to ensure proper fit, etc. Adjust and repair
Instruct patients on the insertion, removal, cleaning, care and
proper handling of their contact lenses.
Stock/re-stock merchandise, process defective, spoiled and
cannibalized frames, clean and straighten displays and entire store
Maintain the Contact Lens Special Order Log; reorder both Model
and Special Order contact lenses, Contact Lens Solution Starter
Kits and process returns and exchanges through the Distribution
Follow company safety rules and standards.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- One (1) year of related experience
- Optical preferred
- HS diploma, GED or equivalent related job experience
- Communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to read and interpret insurance information and
- Work changing schedules to meet business demands
- Work inside location
- Strong organizational skills
- Speak clearly and effectively
- Calculate and manipulate numbers/data
- Read English
- Problem solve/ reasoning
- Meet customer expectations
- Work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
- Follow procedures and instructions
- Use computer effectively and view computer screen
- Exhibit empathy in all interactions
- Bend and stoop continuously
- Reach above shoulder continuously
Training Requirements (where applicable)
- Complete company required training within required
- Cross training in all departments as needed
Essential Responsibilities related to Physical Demands/Work
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate
is required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, pick
or pinch, and talk or hear most of the time. The associate is
occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and
arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 20
pounds. The noise level in this location is moderate (use of
computers, printers and machines).
Essential Responsibilities related to Behavioral
- Must be detail orientated and well organized.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other
associates and clients.
- Must be energetic and self-motivated.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to problem solve.
- Ability to work onsite and participate in interactive onsite
meetings on a regular and predictable basis.
- Ability to initiate immediate interaction, coordination and
collaboration with team members, clients, customers etc.
HIPAA & Security Requirements
All Associates must comply with the Health Insurance Portability
Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as it pertains to disclosures of
protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of
Privacy Practices and HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures. As a
component of job roles and responsibilities, Associates may have
access to covered information, cardholder data or other
confidential customer information which must be protected at all
times. As a result, Associates must explicitly adhere to all data
security guidelines established within the Company's Privacy &
Security Training Program.
Visionworks is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the
hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation,
gender, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status,
or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local
The specific statements shown in each section of this
description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the
job successfully. As required by changing business needs, complete
additional essential responsibilities as identified and
- Job Family Contributor
- Job Function Retail Incentive Plan
- Pay Type Hourly
- New Jersey, USA
- Store 675, Crossroads Center, Toms River, New Jersey, United
States of America
Keywords: Visionworks, Brick , Retail EWS 2, Other , Toms River, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!