ShopRite - Pharmacy Technician
Company: ShopRite Markets
Posted on: June 7, 2021
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while assisting the
Pharmacist in providing medication and other healthcare products to
patients/customers accurately and with the highest level of
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include,
but are not limited to, the following:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must maintain proper state licensing or certifications.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret,
and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform mathematical functions, including ability to
add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using
whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled
- Ability to fill prescriptions by possessing necessary
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors, shapes, and
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to tolerate dust and chemical agents during routine
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
- Ability to proficiently use all required computer hardware and
- Must preserve confidentiality of information.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require
the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above.
These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous
service and assistance.
- Accurately and quickly collect proper payment and provide
- Collect and input a patient's information for processing a
- Assist the Pharmacist in processing a prescription, counting
and labeling a prescription.
- Organize and stock pharmaceuticals as directed by
- Help customers locate over-the-counter stock.
- Be knowledgeable of products carried in the department.
- Maintain appropriate security of Pharmacy Department.
- Interact with physicians and utilize reference material to gain
information on Customers and prescriptions and to resolve any
issues that arise.
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in
accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Comply with State and Federal drug laws as regulated by the
state Board of Pharmacy, HIPAA, the Drug Enforcement Agency and the
Food and Drug Administration.
- Exhibit the utmost professionalism and confidentiality when
dealing with patients and their health information.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights
25 lbs. and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
- Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which
may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates
to departmental operations.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program
and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and
proper use of all chemical products.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal
regulations as they pertain to the Pharmacy operation.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State
and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department;
report any equipment problems immediately.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service
Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the
essential job functions and general nature of the work being
performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may
be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise
this job description at any time and to require Associates to
perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business,
competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This
job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, Brick , ShopRite - Pharmacy Technician, Other , Freehold, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!