Nurse Manager Assistant - MICU - F/T Nights
Company: Hackensack University Medical Center
Posted on: June 7, 2021
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack
Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the
lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each
and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational
health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care
capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to
apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career
all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Nurse Manager Assistant will be a supportive nurse
management resource to the nursing department in the MICU. S/He
will work with the nurse leadership team to create and support the
goals of the organization.
- The Nurse Manager Assistant is responsible for the delivery of
- Manages clinical and support staff.
- Responsible and accountable for daily operations to achieve
best practice and organizational objectives.
- Responsible for implementation of the strategic plan and
standards of care and practice in accordance with regulatory
requirements within the ICU.
- S/He develops, coordinates, integrates and oversees
inter-disciplinary programs, monitors performance standards and
existing practices and designs new systems to improve
organizational performance and staff competence.
- S/He is responsible for demonstrating leadership, providing
staff development, ensuring competence and collaborating with
Medical Staff and Senior Management to deliver high quality,
cost-effective care across the continuum.
- S/He will have strong knowledge of performance improvement,
manage and coordinate the activities of the Nursing Team to ensure
patient care is provided in accordance with established standards
and regulatory requirements.
- S/He will work with the nurse leadership team to create and
support the goals of the organization
- Current and valid New Jersey Nursing license is required
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing is required. MSN a plus
- Active American Heart Association (AHA) BLS/CPR certification
- ACLS is required
- Current CCRN required or must be obtained within 6 months of
- Demonstrated clinical competence with a minimum of 3 years of
nursing experience required
- 5 years of Critical Care nursing experience highly
- Prior Assistant Manager or Supervisor experience highly
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership and motivational skills
- Critical thinking, program development, and project management
- Skilled in group facilitation and/or team building is a
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing needs, a
strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our team
members, patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on
teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and
passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong
sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack University Medical Center, Brick , Nurse Manager Assistant - MICU - F/T Nights, Other , Neptune, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!