Patient Accounts Representative (Billing) - Patient Accounts (FT)
Company: RWJ Barnabas
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Patient Accounts Representative position supports the
reduction of Accounts Receivables. The Representative may also
perform a variety of duties including assisting patients directly
with their bill or other financial aspects of their care,
correspondence response, billing and re-billing, certain denial
issues, prompt handling of A/R credits and trend monitoring.
- Take actions that will support maximization of collection of
balances due or account resolution from all sources. Meets Quality
and Productivity expectations.
- Facilitate account resolution. Accurately identify, follow-up
on, or correct billing errors, lower than expected reimbursement,
or denials for correction for submission or resubmission to
patients and/or insurance carriers. Accurately perform actions on
accounts that will result in the least amount of time and effort to
bring an account to resolution based on job specific priority
- Timely identify, research, and resolution any issues that may
cause delays in payment or account resolution. Identify and
recommend opportunities to improve collections and follow-up
- Work collaboratively across teams, with peers, and revenue
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required within one (1)
year of hire.
- Candidates who do not possess a High School Diploma or GED
equivalent will be provided the opportunity to enroll in a GED/HSEA
program at time of hire as a condition of employment. A hired
candidate will be provided one (1) year from date of hire to
successfully complete a GED program and obtain their HSEA.
- RWJBarnabas Health is committed to our communities and the
members we serve. RWJBH understands that in order to create strong,
healthy, and sustainable communities, we have to re-engineer and
transform current systems. Providing educational support and
resources contributes to our overall social impact mission and
community investment efforts.
- 1-2 years experience in healthcare insurance billing or account
- Strong knowledge of Patient Accounting systems
- Must meet requirements of the ADA
- Must be able to work in a team environment that requires quick
turnaround and quality output
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and
excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care
delivery system in New Jersey and the state s second largest
private employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians
and 1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute
care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading
pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized
Keywords: RWJ Barnabas, Brick , Patient Accounts Representative (Billing) - Patient Accounts (FT), Other , Oceanport, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!