Store Director (Store Manager) - T1154. Toms River, NJ
Location: Toms River
Posted on: June 7, 2021
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help
us create an experience that makes guests say "I love Target!"
You're working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion
and pride to all that they do. You make shopping at Target
inviting, frictionless and rewarding - leaving guests excited to
ALL ABOUT STORE LEADERSHIP
You run a profitable growth business that has one purpose: to
help all families discover the joy of everyday life. You lead a
sales force of experts, advocates and consultants that discover
guests' needs and offer solutions to earn their loyalty.
You lead teams that are passionate about making sure guests get
what they came for (plus a little more) every time they shop at
your store. You develop leaders who care about their team members,
and team members who care about their guests and each other.
At Target we believe in our leaders having meaningful
experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career.
The role of a Store Director can provide you with the:
- Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building
and managing a guest first culture across the store
- Skills in retail business financials (e.g. payroll, profit and
loss) and driving sales growth
- Experience creating store specific strategies and managing your
team to deliver results
- Knowledge of retail business fundamentals for total store:
sales trends, inventory management, guest shopping patterns &
satisfaction, pricing and promotions strategies, and specialty
- Skills in setting and planning total store quarterly business
priorities and managing a team to deliver on sales goals
- Make business decisions by assessing market competition,
understanding guest insights and feedback
- Experience managing a large team of hourly team members and
leaders as well as leaders of leaders
- Skills in recruiting, selecting, talent management and talent
planning across all departments of the store
As a Store Director, no two days are ever the same, but a
typical day will most likely include the following
- Own your store's overall business to drive efficiency and grow
- Leverage your reports (financial, operational, team and guest)
to understand the business and make decisions.
- Understand sales trends and lead your team to drive sales
growth in core businesses (Style, Beauty, Electronics, Food &
Beverage) by leaning into key seasons, events and weekends.
- Know and assess the competition; leverage guest insights and
feedback to drive the business and be the destination of choice for
- Lead an efficient operation to fund the sales culture.
- As a key carrier, follow all safe and secure training and
- Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.).
- Always demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety and
compliance. Lead and hold the team accountable to work in the same
Cultivate a guest-centric and engaged team
- Develop a team and culture that is committed to guest loyalty
and shares services and rewards like REDcard, Drive-up, Order
Pick-Up, Shipt and Wallet to improve convenience and
- Lead a confident and knowledgeable sales force that delivers a
differentiated experience for our guests, prioritizes the guest
over task and delivers a welcoming, inspiring, rewarding and easy
- Recruit, hire and retain a passionate team for area specific
knowledge and expertise.
- Invest in training to enhance skills and capabilities.
- Evaluate and manage individual impact through a total store
- Create sustainable talent strategies to fuel continued team
- Own and implement exempt and hourly schedules that align to
guest and business needs (including weekends, mornings, evenings,
overnight, and appropriate seasonal adjustments).
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
- Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited.
We work efficiently and as a team to take care of our guests
- Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE
TARGET! excites you. That's why we love working at Target
- Leading teams who are stocking, setting and selling Target
products sounds like your thing That's the core of what we do
- You aren't looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at
a computer all day We are busy all day (especially on the
weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will
help teach you everything you need to know to be a Store Director.
But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision
making, financial and quantitative analysis
- Manage conflict and lead and hold others accountable
- Relate well with and interact with all levels of the
- Welcoming and helpful attitude
- Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we
want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we
- Access all areas of the building to respond to guest or team
- Interpret instructions, reports and information
- Accurately handle cash register operations
- Climb up and down ladders
- Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely,
including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays)
and regular attendance necessary
Keywords: Target, Brick , Store Director (Store Manager) - T1154. Toms River, NJ, Other , Toms River, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!