Housekeeping Room Attendant
Company: Ocean Place
Location: Long Branch
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Ocean Place Resort & Spa in Long Branch, New Jersey is the
premier oceanfront hotel between New York and Atlantic City, which
offers 255 spacious guest rooms, featuring comfortable bedding and
views of the Atlantic Ocean; five luxury suites, offering large
sitting areas and wide balconies; 100,000 square feet of
meeting/event space with 38 function rooms; private beach; fine
dining and casual restaurants; tennis court, two swimming pools, a
heated whirlpool, fitness center, and a full-service spa.
The Housekeeping department plays an important role in ensuring
guest satisfaction by delivering outstanding service and
maintaining the overall cleanliness of the resort. The Housekeeping
team takes great care in the quality of the environment with an
attention to detail to ensure all guests have a clean and welcoming
Our Housekeeping Room Attendant is responsible for maintaining
clean, attractive, and fully stocked guest rooms while providing
attentive, courteous, and efficient service to all guests.
- Responsible for cleaning and servicing an assigned number of
rooms per day.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all level of
employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and
service oriented manner.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance to Hotel standards,
as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs
of the Hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with DoubleTree by Hilton Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information
- Daily duties include but are not limited to vacuuming, changing
sheets and linens, replenishing toiletries, sweeping, dusting, and
polishing furnishings. Also scrub and disinfect bathtubs, showers,
toilets, wastebaskets, tile, and other bathroom and vanity fixtures
in guest rooms.
- Inspects and evaluates the physical condition and appearance of
guest rooms to ensure the highest cleaning standards are met.
- Reports any discrepancies in room status to the Housekeeping
- Signs in and out floor keys and reports to assigned section.
Strictly adheres to key control policies.
- Loads and transports cart to assigned area, keeping an
inventory of supplies used.
- May complete special assignments as requested by
- Enters guest rooms following procedures for gaining access,
ensuring vacancy before entering.
- Properly disposes of garbage from waste cans throughout the
facility including lobbies and hallways.
- Takes inventory of each guest room and replenishes linens,
amenities, and other supplies.
- Delivers additional supplies to guest rooms, retrieves room
service dishes, and spot cleans after incidents that may occur
while the guest is occupying the room.
- Routinely inspects guest rooms for maintenance needs, notifying
issues to management.
- Performs additional related duties as requested by a manager at
- At least 1 year previous housekeeping experience in a hotel
environment strongly preferred.
- Individual must be highly motivated and self-directed.
- Working knowledge of chemicals, cleaning supplies, and
- Ability to speak, write, read and understand basic
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including early mornings,
evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to operate equipment, including: vacuum cleaners,
floor machines, mop, and broom.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend, reach above shoulders, kneel,
twist, and grip items.
- Ability to push and pull cleaning equipment.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of
Keywords: Ocean Place, Brick , Housekeeping Room Attendant, Other , Long Branch, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!