Application Architect (.NET/Angular/SQL)
Company: Guardian Life
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Application Architect is a technical expert responsible for
driving architecture, design and development for our Absence
Management applications. This role will work directly with solution
architects, cross-functional stakeholders and development team
members to define, design and deliver the technical solutions that
will support the business's vision, strategy and goals.
- Review current architecture of all solutions and propose ways
to optimize, enhance, and scale.
- Communicate across multiple teams to showcase new features and
- Gather and analyze data and develop architectural requirements
for technical features
- Conduct and lead technical design session
- Research and evaluate emerging technology, industry and market
trends to assist in project development and/or operational support
- Participate in the domain technical and business discussions
relative to future architect direction
- Design, architect, and implement the technical solutions
required to build a state-of-the-art delivery platform using the
- Work with technology teams to design, prototype and prove the
viability of solutions. Implement complex solutions as needed.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise in the development
of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and
- Develop technical solutions that will solve business problems.
Drive solutions to completion.
- Provide thought leadership and direction to the Absence
Management development teams to ensure solutions meet corporate and
- Develop and build strong relationships across the business to
effectively influence and accomplish strategic application
- Assist on-shore and off-shore teams with issues needing
technical expertise or complex systems and/or programming
knowledge. Mentor and develop new or less experienced team
- Provide technical training to external team members to foster
stronger cross-departmental relations.
- Provides thought leadership in technology direction, technical
services, vendor partnership and industry standards adoption.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields.
Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- 8 years of experience developing technical solutions in .NET,
business intelligence and data driven technical solutions
- Vast Experience building API architectures used by internal and
external solutions, including: microservice strategy, design and
- api management services (apigee)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to take leadership role in projects that span
multiple teams, ability to deliver on time working in a fast-paced
- Continued hands on development. This is a Plan and Build
- Must be comfortable in a fast pace, changing environment
- Has strong presentation and collaboration skills and can
clearly articulate all aspects of the job requirements, including
the creation of formal documentation
- Experience in the Insurance and/or Absence Management
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related
discipline or equivalent experience
- AWS, Big Data, .NET, API, SAAS, and UI Frameworks
- Enterprise architecture
- Virtual, US | Westminster, CO | Bethlehem, PA | Holmdel,
- Up to 15% travel within US
$89,000 - $160,000 (depending on years of experience and
- Meaningful and challenging work opportunities to accelerate
technology and innovation in a secure and compliant way
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent medical, dental, supplemental health, life and vision
coverage for you and your dependents with no wait period
- Life and disability insurance
- A great 401(k) with match
- Tuition assistance, paid parental leave and backup family
- Dynamic, modern work environments that promote collaboration
- Flexible time off, dress code, and work location policies to
balance your work and life in the ways that suit you best
- Social responsibility in all aspects of our work. We volunteer
within our local communities, create educational alliances with
colleges, drive a variety of initiatives in sustainability, and
advocate for diversity and inclusion in all that we do.
As the largest exclusive provider of absence management
services, ReedGroup has been dedicated to helping employees return
to work safely for more than 40 years. We create a seamless
experience so clients can excel at their jobs and better serve
their employees - supporting a thriving, engaged, and skilled
ReedGroup is a wholly-owned, independent subsidiary of The
Guardian Life Insurance Company - providing even more ways we can
better serve people. Guardian has been helping people protect their
futures and secure their lives for more than 150 years, and today
serves 27 million people by helping them find financial confidence
and well-being in life, health, and wealth. And as one of the
largest mutual insurance companies, we know what matters most:
putting the needs of customers first.
Equal Employment Opportunity
ReedGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age,
race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual
orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability,
military or veteran status, or any other classification protected
by applicable law.
Keywords: Guardian Life, Brick , Application Architect (.NET/Angular/SQL), Other , Holmdel, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!