Clinical Therapist - Crisis - Per Diem - Day
Company: Hackensack University Medical Center
Posted on: June 8, 2021
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack
Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our
patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day.
From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to
our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our
complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills
in multiple settings while building your career, all within New
Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Clinical Therapist provides for the treatment of patients
utilizing a variety of modalities as a member of the clinical
treatment team of the assigned ambulatory and/or inpatient
A day in the life of a Clinical Therapist II at Hackensack
- Provides a comprehensive assessment of patient's psychosocial
and develops treatment plans and treatment plan reviews based on
findings and according to department policy.
- Provides effective treatment to patients, whether assessment or
therapy, and shares and interprets information to staff, families,
and/or other approved agencies.
- Completes written reports in a timely fashion as required by
the Medical Center or Agency policy.
- Provides psychotherapeutic services to patients in accordance
with Licensure regulations and obtains and interprets information
in terms of patient needs, knowledge of growth and development, and
an understanding of the range of treatment required for that age
- Provides individual and psychotherapeutic services in
accordance with current standards of practice, as developed by
professional and licensing organizations, and defined and
interpreted by supervisor.
- Provides comprehensive case management services and
- Develops a comprehensive discharge plan, in collaborations with
the patient/family patient caregiver, patient support persons and
healthcare team that will provide maximum benefit for each patient
- Ensures that the discharge plan will be the least restrictive
environment that best meets the continuing care needs of the
- Ensures provisions of continued care at home or in an
appropriate extended care facility based upon the patient
- Confirms the patient has a primary care provider upon discharge
or refers appropriately to an FQHC.
- Reassesses periodically and evaluates against care goals and
the plan of care and, revises when indicated. Medical records
reflect that each patient's discharge plan is re-assessed no less
than weekly in response to change in medical situation.
- Functions collaboratively with treatment team members to
enhance service to patients.
- Maintains patient records as required by law and Medical Center
- Assists other mental health professionals in expediting
- NJ LSW, LCSW, LAC or LPC certification is required
- Master's degree in Social Work or Psychological Counseling is
- Ability to perform psychosocial assessments and develop
treatment plans is required
- Must demonstrate knowledge of crisis intervention theory and
its application in a variety of medical settings
- Knowledge of psychopathology and differential diagnosis and
treatment techniques is required
- Availability to work various shifts and weekends is
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack University Medical Center, Brick , Clinical Therapist - Crisis - Per Diem - Day, Other , Neptune, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!