Nurse Manager Assistant - Prompt Care - F/T Days
Company: Hackensack University Medical Center
Posted on: June 8, 2021
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack
Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our
patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day.
From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to
our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our
complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills
in multiple settings while building your career, all within New
Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Assistant Nurse Manager is a professional, registered nurse
who is a skilled communicator, collaborator and authentic leader.
The ANM supports the organization in the execution of the nursing
strategic plan and priorities. The ANM actively participates in
unit and hospital decision-making and provides meaningful
recognition to others. The ANM provides operational and
administrative support to Nurse leadership. This position
effectively coordinates staffing, supports throughput, quality and
safety outcomes, staff competency, hiring, clinical and staff
corrective actions, unit efficiency, quality care and other
departmental activities to support the mission, vision and values
of Hackensack Meridian Health. The ANM, in collaboration with the
Nurse Manager, assesses, plans, implements, monitors and evaluates
nursing practice and the nursing care delivery system with direct
supervision of front-line staff.
- Interprets, supports, and communicates policies, standards and
- Serves as a role model for staff in all aspects of nursing
(i.e. professionalism, quality care).
- Assists in identifying cost containment measures by identifying
alternative measures of product utilization within the
- Serves on-call based on unit requirements
- Assumes special projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by leadership.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of
- Current and valid New Jersey Nursing license is required
- BSN required; MSN preferred
- BLS/CPR, ACLS, and PALS certifications by American Heart
- TNCC preferred
- Nationally certified in specialty highly preferred. Will be
required to obtain national certification within nine (9) to twelve
- Demonstrated clinical competence with a minimum of 3 years
nursing experience required
- Minimum of 1 year of ED nursing experience required
- Pediatric ED nursing experience preferred
- Trauma nursing experience preferred
- Prior assistant manager or supervisor experience highly
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Leadership
and motivational skills. Critical thinking, program development and
project management skills. Skilled in group facilitation and/or
team building is a must
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient
needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of
our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on
teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and
passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong
sense of patient focus are all required.
Keywords: Hackensack University Medical Center, Brick , Nurse Manager Assistant - Prompt Care - F/T Days, Other , Neptune, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!