Company: Hackensack University Medical Center
Posted on: June 8, 2021
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack
Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our
patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day.
From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to
our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our
complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills
in multiple settings while building your career, all within New
Jersey's premier healthcare system.
- Under the direction of the Program Director, the Residency
Coordinator is responsible for daily operations and coordination of
activities of the residency/fellowship program. Remains abreast if
regulatory requirements and assures that the program meets these
requirements. Maintains key records on all residents, organizes
recruitment and on site interviewing, manages the evaluation
program, and serves as contact point for all residents both past
and present. Liaison between Program Director and Associate Program
Director with Faculty Physicians.
- Provides support and meets regularly with the Program Director
concerning office management issues and activities and the status
of projects, identifies and evaluates the methods for improving
workflow and cost effectiveness and makes recommendations to the
Program Director for improvement. May assist in program-level
- Assures that key documentation is accurate and available to
reviewers in a timely manner to meet tight deadlines.
- Partners with academic affairs office to identify new
recruitment sources and coordinate advertising. Coordinates the
resident/fellow recruitment and selection process including
scheduling on-site interviews.
- Maintains the ERAS database (Electronic Residency Application
System) and oversees its processes during the Residency Recruitment
- Performs all Match responsibilities and corresponds with newly
matched residents about requirements and process for appointment to
the hospitals. In applicable programs, assists quota review and
rank list entry and certification in NRMP (National Residency
- Coordinates educational activities (e.g., didactic conference
schedule, Grand Rounds, etc.) that support the program's curriculum
and adhere to Accreditation Council Graduate Medical Education
(ACGME) requirements. Drives accreditation activities - ACGME Site
Visits, Internal Reviews, annual program reviews, etc. Develops,
distributes and monitors annual rotation, clinic and call schedules
as well as program evaluations. Serves as the primary point of
contact for the residents regarding all inquiries related to the
program; events, rotations, educational seminars and individual
schedules. Ensures information on website is updated in a timely
manner. Administers and communicates all aspects of the exam;
monitors efficiency of proctoring process.
- Tracks, reports and ensures compliance with procedures
regarding licensing, moonlighting, annual contracts, and initial
and re-credentialing of trainees.
- Following selection and match of resident, coordinates timely
review and authorization of contract by respective resident.
- Coordination and preparation of monthly meeting agenda and
minutes for Program Evaluation Committee (PEC) meetings under the
supervision of the Program Director/Associate Program
- Develops, monitors and reports on the training program budget.
Works with the business manager and/or Administrative Director to
ensure accuracy of monthly budget statements and develops yearly
residency budget. Responsible for recurring purchase orders for the
residency program, processing all check requests, and paying bills
associated with the program's activities under the supervision of
the GME Coordinator. May be responsible for management of grants
awarded to individual residents and faculty.
- Maintains data and employment files for residents including
program rotational details, related performance evaluations, event
schedules and lectures. Ensures records remain confidential and
only accessible to those with authority to review. Trains residents
to document their day to day procedures for their clinical
specialty. Reviews data for each resident to ensure standards and
procedures are adhered to. Provides direction to vendor regarding
program needs and enhancements - develops reports. These files will
be both on-line in New Innovations (a graduate medical education
software platform) or in paper.
- Manages materials for specialty-specific trainee exams and may
assist with proctoring exams
- Assists program director in planning, developing, and
implementing residency/fellowship program quality improvement
- Coordinates planning and preparation of the annual graduation
- Maintains residency files. Ensures completion of exit survey.
Submits certificates of completion as appropriate.
- Provides both administrative supervision and support to
residents/interns/fellows. Acts as a liaison between residents and
hospital administration when necessary. Established relationships
and acts as a liaison to other Hospitals, internal departments, and
divisions regarding resident recruitment, orientation, annual
program Affiliation Agreements, and external rotations.
- Along with the Program Director, oversees department-level
- Develops and distributes call schedule.
- Manages undergraduate medical student rotations in the
- Coordinates Continuing Medical Education activities for the
- Other job duties as assigned by the Program Director or the
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- Administrative experience in health system or college setting
- Working knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements of
residency program strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Outlook,
Word, Excel and Power-Point
- Critical Thinking and attention to detail is imperative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some travel between HMH facilities is required
Keywords: Hackensack University Medical Center, Brick , Residency Coordinator, Other , Neptune, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!