The Head of Product Management, Group Benefits, will lead the
oversight and optimization of Guardian Group Benefits' product
portfolio. As the leader of the Product Management organization,
the leader will oversee all aspects of Guardian's dental,
disability, leave management, life, and supplemental health
products. In alignment with the overarching Group Benefits strategy
this individual will develop and execute product strategies to
drive market-leading growth and deliver value to our customers and
The Product Management Leader will lead an organization that
partners closely with strategy, sales, account management, finance,
underwriting, claims, technology, and operations to construct
resonant and differentiated end-to-end product value propositions,
deliver strong economic value, and ensure effective operational
This proven leader will oversee all aspects of Guardian Group
Benefits dental, disability, absence management, life, and
supplemental health portfolio of products.
Further responsibilities include:
- Engage with strategy and distribution to understand consumer
and market needs and deliver differentiated product value
propositions, offerings, and capabilities that will fuel growth and
execute on the "go to market" strategy.
- Partner with finance, pricing, and underwriting to ensure
products deliver strong economic value to both Guardian and its
customers. He/she will confirm financial management processes are
in place and play a key role in developing pricing strategies that
insure competitive pricing in the marketplace.
- Work closely with technology and operations to define
capabilities and processes required to effectively execute and
deliver the products and associated services to partners,
stakeholders, and customers.
- Deliver training and coaching to sales and account management
teams, and assist in defining the business case, sales playbook,
and Go-To-Market strategy.
- Articulate how our products, value propositions, and
capabilities manifest themselves and are delivered to each of
Guardian's customer segments to ensure the optimal balance of
growth, operational efficiency, and profitability.
- Conduct detailed market opportunity assessments which includes
providing actionable market and competitive analysis to develop
comprehensive strategies and operating plans to profitably grow
Group Benefits, including primary ownership of the Group Benefits
- Bring external insights into the organization for the purpose
of understanding consumer evolving needs and marketplace trends;
and leveraging data and analytics to convert those insights into
tangible opportunities for both Guardian and our customers.
- Provide thought leadership regarding product performance and
recommend enhancements to existing offerings, staying ahead of the
- Effectively lead the Product Management organization; attract,
retain, and develop top talent; instill a bias for action and
urgency, and establish a high-performance and customer-centric
culture that positively contributes to the overall Group Benefits
This position reports to the Chief Strategy & Development
Officer of Guardian Group Benefits.
This individual will be an experienced Product Management Leader
with 10 years of broad insurance experience. This strategic senior
leader will be execution oriented with a deep understanding of
group benefits products and the market.
- Highly analytical, with strong critical thinking skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Strategic thought leader; forward and innovative thinker
- A four-year degree in marketing, business, or related
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills; ability to
manage and execute simultaneous projects and tasks.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative; ability to
organize and prioritize time constraints and manages shifting
- Comfortable working both independently and with a team
- A strong aptitude for conceptualizing, communicating, and
selling new concepts with an ability to convey new product
information to a broad audience with differing needs.
- Proven ability to influence across a diverse group of
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship
building skills, the ability to interact and influence cross
functionally, build relationships, and drive change
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated record of partnering with teams across an
organization and influencing to motivate others around a
- Effective presentation skills to small and large groups
- Exhibits exemplary ethics and is capable of creating and
maintaining a high-morale environment
- Builds commitment to achieve goals and deliverables
- Inspires others around a common vision
- Builds team to make sure the very best people are in place
- Strategically aligns processes and resources to future goals
- Communicates the business need for change
Guardian has been helping people protect their futures and
secure their lives for 160 years. Every day, we serve approximately
29 million people through a range of insurance and financial
products. We help people and their families pursue financial
security and well-being in life, health, and wealth. We help
companies take care of their employees. And we help people recover
and thrive after unexpected loss.
From our founding in 1860, when a community of immigrants joined
together to insure and protect their businesses and families, doing
the right thing for our policyholders and customers has guided
everything we do. Our dedication to customers has helped us remain
one of the most highly rated in client satisfaction and
financial strength. And as one of the largest mutual insurance
companies, we know what matters most: putting the needs of our
customers first. Because everyone deserves a Guardian. Learn more
about Guardian at www.GuardianLife.com.
Copyright 2021 The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America,
New York, NY
Equal Employment Opportunity
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age,
race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual
orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability,
military or veteran status, or any other classification protected
by applicable law.