Company: CFG Health Network
Location: Toms River
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Assists the dentist during examinations and the treatment of
patients. Performs certain inter-oral tasks in response to specific
instructions from a licensed dentist while under his/her
- Prepares the operatory with appropriate instruments and
material for scheduled patients.
- Provides chair-sided assistance during treatment, recognizing
the dentist's need for instruments, materials, retraction or
- Mixes and fabricates restorative materials.
- Sterilizes instruments and disinfects the operatory between
- Develops and mounts routine radiographs.
- Assists in exposing intro-oral radiographs.
- Maintains and cleans the x-ray unit, film processor, autoclave,
wet tank and dental unit in accordance to specifications.
- Performs laboratory procedures such as mixing impression
materials for dentures and assists in the clinical procedures of
- Assists with infection control, general cleanliness and sterile
conditions for the dental unit.
- Performs inventory and orders supplies to maintain established
- Assists in maintaining dental charts, dental findings,
maintains confidentiality of records and schedules patients for
- Collects requested data for clinical records.
- Complies with dental office security, the perpetual inventory,
inspection of dental tools and completes corresponding
- Maintains current CPR/AED certification.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certification by the Dental Assisting National Board
- Certification by the Board of Dental Examiners as a Dental
Radiation Technologist preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee
frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and climb
or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or
move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: CFG Health Network, Brick , Dental Assistant, Other , Toms River, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!