Health Information Specialist I
Location: Toms River
Posted on: June 9, 2021
This is an entry level position responsible for processing all
release of information (ROI), specifically medical record requests,
in a timely and efficient manner ensuring accuracy and providing
customers with the highest quality product and customer service.
Associate must at all times safeguard and protect the patient's
right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have
access to the patient's medical information and that all releases
of information are in compliance with the request, authorization,
company policy and HIPAA regulations.
- Growing medical records company, tremendous growth
opportunities both locally and nationwide
- Motto: Deliver awesome, win together and make a difference
- Full-time, Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Full benefits to commence 1st day of the month following 30
days of employment to include professional development
- Onsite position within a healthcare facility in Toms River
- Receive and process requests for patient health information in
accordance with Company and Facility policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality and security with all privileged
- Maintain working knowledge of Company and facility
- Adhere to the Company's and Customer facilities Code of Conduct
- Inform manager of work, site difficulties, and/or fluctuating
- Assist with additional work duties or responsibilities as
evident or required.
- Consistent application of medical privacy regulations to guard
against unauthorized disclosure.
- Responsible for managing patient health records.
- Responsible for safeguarding patient records and ensuring
compliance with HIPAA standards.
- Prepares new patient charts, gathering documents and
information from paper sources and/or electronic health
- Ensures medical records are assembled in standard order and are
accurate and complete.
- Creates digital images of paperwork to be stored in the
electronic medical record.
- Responds to requests for patient records, both within the
facility and by external sources, retrieving them and transmitting
- Answering of inbound/outbound calls.
- May assist with patient walk-ins.
- May assist with administrative duties such as handling faxes,
opening mail, and data entry.
- Must meet productivity expectations as outlined at specific
- May schedules pick-ups.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to commute between locations as needed.
- Able to work overtime during peak seasons when required.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Comfortable utilizing phones, fax machine, printers, and other
general office equipment on a regular basis.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills in the
- Detail and quality oriented as it relates to accurate and
compliant information for medical records.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision responding to
changing priorities and role needs.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks.
- Able to respond to requests in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a healthcare environment.
- Previous production/metric-based work experience.
- In-person customer service experience.
- Ability to build relationships with on-site clients and
- Comfortable bringing new ideas, process improvement
suggestions, and feedback to internal stakeholders.
Working conditions & physical demands
Work is generally performed in an office environment in which
there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous
working conditions. Must have the ability to stand and sit
frequently throughout an eight-hour period, reach horizontally and
vertically for overhead use. Must be able to use a telephone or
headset equipment. Incumbent must be able to lift 20 lbs., perform
work at a computer terminal for 6-8 hours a day, and function in an
environment with constant interruptions. Reasonable accommodations
are available to qualified individuals with disabilities. Low to no
Keywords: CIOX, Brick , Health Information Specialist I, Other , Toms River, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!