Pharmacy Technician - Full Time Evening
Company: RWJ Barnabas
Location: Toms River
Posted on: June 9, 2021
- Pharmacy Tech for the ED must communicate effectively and
utilize appropriate interviewing skills to allow for the complete
medication history taking.
- Reviews currently documented external prescription history and
contacts patient s retail pharmacy to resolve any medication
- Maintains electronic medication databases in both the ED and
- Evaluates patient s medication list for completion and
identifies if duplication of therapy exists.
- Maintains positive interactions with multiple disciplines in
the healthcare system.
- Inspects all medication storage areas as assigned.
- Maintains and demonstrates knowledge in the following areas of
Pharmacy practice: calculations, generic-trade name relationships,
abbreviations, common conversions and symbols.
- Maintains and demonstrates awareness of limitations of
- Maintains cleanliness of work area, replaces returns and
disposes of non-reusable items properly.
- Makes efficient use of slow periods by finding or asking for
work to be done.
- Responds to Vocera, answers phone within 3 rings and completes
- Delivers stat medication to the emergency department as
requested by pharmacists.
- Contacts the charge nurse daily.
- Associates degree required. Bachelors of Science
- Experience: 1 year of Pharmacy experience preferred.
- Registration in New Jersey within 180 days of employment.
- PTCB (Pharmacy Technician Certification Board) certification
within 1 year of employment for benefit earning technicians.
Community Medical Center, an affiliate of RWJBarnabas Health, is
a 592-bed, fully accredited acute care hospital offering area
residents world-class medical treatment with the comforts of
hometown care. Opened in 1961, CMC has evolved into the state s
largest non-teaching hospital and Ocean County s largest and most
active health care facility caring for over 21,500 inpatients,
178,000 outpatients and 73,700 emergency department patients each
year. Community Medical Center is dedicated to advancing the
quality of life and health of our community while delivering
compassionate care for our patients. Our core values include:
Compassion, Quality, Accountability, Integrity, Diversity and
Keywords: RWJ Barnabas, Brick , Pharmacy Technician - Full Time Evening, Other , Toms River, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!