Business Intelligence Analyst
Company: OceanFirst Financial Corp.
Location: Red Bank
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Business Intelligence Analyst collaborates with business
partners to understand the reporting and dashboards requirements,
working on multiple projects and interacting with multiple cross
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts requirement gathering and building of meaningful
reports, visualizations, and dashboards for consumption by multiple
stakeholders, preferably using Microsoft Power BI.
- Considered an expert in reports and dashboards.
- Identifies issues concerning data accuracy.
- Knowledge of all main data sources for the data used within the
business unit and ability to effectively utilize these data sources
for reporting purposes.
- Troubleshoots reporting and data quality issues by interacting
with Data Quality, Data Engineers and Development team.
- Works with business partners to develop or enhance BI solutions
by defining scope, analyzing and documenting requirements, and
designing best-practice deliverables.
- Follows processes and design reports to boost the business
intelligence of the Bank.
- Provides ongoing supports to regional presidents on their
reporting requirement including daily, weekly and monthly
- Leverages SQL queries or adhoc method to perform above
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to develop reports and dashboards using visualization
tools like Microsoft PowerBI or similar.
- Demonstrated understanding banking business context.
- Ability to quality check reports and dashboards data and
business rules accuracy.
- Knowledge and excellent MS Office Suite skills (particularly MS
- Nice to have SQL experience and working with relational
- Highly motivated and organized, with keen attention to
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills; strong
inter-personal skills required.
- Ability to quickly become familiar with the Bank's database
framework, and the sources and uses of data.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3-5 years' experience as Reporting Analyst or related field
- Experience in Fiserv Premier or similar Banking system
Internal and External Contacts
- Will interact with a range of bank employees in a variety of
seniority levels. Must have strong inter-personal skills.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Office environment. Ability to operate computer. Ability to
communicate in order to exchange simple to complex information with
individuals and groups. Ability to travel throughout Bank
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual
For Recruiting Agencies
OceanFirst Bank does not accept agency resumes submitted by
third-party vendors unless a valid agreement has been signed and
the OceanFirst Bank Talent Acquisition Team has granted
authorization for submissions regarding a specified position.
Please do not forward resumes to us, OceanFirst Bank employees or
any other company location. OceanFirst Bank is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: OceanFirst Financial Corp., Brick , Business Intelligence Analyst, Other , Red Bank, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!