Internal Auditor Senior I
Company: RWJBarnabas Health Corporate Services
Posted on: June 11, 2021
The Internal Audit Department of RWJBH is responsible for
carrying out objective evaluations via financial and operational
audit duties such as evaluating internal controls, applying
professional audit techniques, preparing audit workpapers,
developing solutions, and documenting findings in order to evaluate
overall business processes and identify potential internal and
external risks to the organization.
The Internal Auditor Senior I will help support the Senior II
and other Internal Audit employees in achieving goals, timelines
and objectives set forth for review. He/she will also be
responsible for independently performing reviews and tasks assigned
to them. This position will report directly to the Audit Manager,
- Ability to provide for the confidential treatment of all
communications and records required
- Adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify
issues and resolve programs in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and
accounting principles and practices, and preferred business
- Possess strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both written and orally.
- Ability to effectively read and interpret information, present
numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and
- Able to prioritize and plan work activities to use time
efficiently with minimum supervision.
- Organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for
- Dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to direction,
and open to ongoing coaching and feedback.
- Ability to communicate and summarize online research regarding
authoritative guidance, audit plans, workpapers and report results
verbally and in formal presentations (e.g. PowerPoint, Word, Excel,
- Analyze and verify transactions and representations as part of
audit testwork and coordinate audit reporting at a professional
- Assist in monitoring post-audit recommendation implementation
and follow up.
- Conduct audits to monitor the effectiveness of internal
controls and compliance with internal policies and procedures,
operational specifications, financial reporting and regulatory
- Contribute to management recommendations regarding process
- Documentation of process walkthroughs, discussions with
management based on meeting notes, and development of workpapers
including procedures and control attributes for various business
operational audits, management requests, or special projects.
- Manage time and job tasks responsibly in order to meet
- Research and document authoritative guidance to assist in
development of work plans and sampling as needed.
- Prepare workpapers that are consistent with Generally Accepted
Auditing Standards, as well as established Internal Audit
- Accounting degree and at least 3 years of audit experience with
Big-4 or regional accounting firm, and / or Healthcare environment
- Long-term healthcare experience accompanied by an Accounting or
Finance degree with relevant audit / healthcare work experience,
will be considered.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred however, CPA
candidates will also be considered; other certifications are a
- Proficiency with core MS Office programs (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Visio) required; intermediate to advanced level skills
in Excel with data analytics experience highly preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and
excellent benefits, including:
Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
Short & Long Term Disability
Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care
delivery system in New Jersey and the state s second largest
private employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians
and 1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute
care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading
pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized
Keywords: RWJBarnabas Health Corporate Services, Brick , Internal Auditor Senior I, Other , Oceanport, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!