Certified Medical Assistant-Bariatrics
Company: Hackensack University Medical Center
Posted on: June 12, 2021
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack
Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our
patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day.
From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to
our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our
complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills
in multiple settings while building your career, all within New
Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Certified Medical Assistant provides clinical care under the
supervision of the physician(s) and practice manager for the
patients of the practice. Serves as a liaison between the patients
and provider. Performs Medical Receptionist and other clerical
duties as requested.
A day in the life of a Certified Medical Assistant at Hackensack
Meridian Health includes:
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful
- Monitors flow in waiting areas and exam rooms, and makes
patients and team members aware of delays.
- Performs medical assistant duties in a safe and efficient
- Prepares patient for examination and treatment; takes brief
patient history that includes chief complaint, vital signs, and
weight; assists physician with procedures; draws blood and obtains
urine specimens; administers injections as approved for CMAs;
provides patient instructions per physician's order; conducts
authorized in-office tests.
- Proactively reviews chart in advance of patient intake.
Completes all authorized patient chart documentation in an
accurate, legible and timely manner.
- Responsible for the preparation of the examination rooms.
Accurately and promptly sets up examination rooms, materials and
equipment. Proactively monitors required stock level per practice
procedure, and anticipates unique supply needs for
- Monitors general clinical supply inventory and equipment
- Graduate of accredited school of Medical Assisting.
- 1 year experience in a medical office preferred
- National Certified Medical Assistant certificate required
- CPR certification
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack University Medical Center, Brick , Certified Medical Assistant-Bariatrics, Other , Manahawkin, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!