Posted on: October 9, 2021
Overview: Transit Diesel Mechanics needed in Monmouth County,
Transdev is actively seeking ASE certified technicians for their
Fixed Route transportation services in Monmouth County, NJ. We are
looking for qualified and experienced fleet technicians to diagnose
and repair vehicles and equipment, with daily safety inspections,
under general supervision.
Join Transdev at Monmouth County, NJ and become a part of the
largest private-sector operator of transportation in North America
one that cares about its employees, passengers, and the communities
Why Work with Us?
- Hiring Immediately!
- $5,000.00 sign-on bonus!
- Pay Rate range $21.45/hour up to $27.83/hour depending on
- Annual increases!
- Paid health benefits!
- Paid time off!
- Holiday pay!
- Sick pay!
- Birthday pay!
- Bonus paid yearly for all current and in good standing
- Tuition reimbursement!
- Safety bonuses!
- Company provides laundered uniforms
- Tool and boot allowance!
- Career advancement opportunities!
- Being appreciated as a valuable member of a great team!
- Employee referral bonuses!
- Employee discount program!
- Performs transit vehicle maintenance that are compliant with
Transdev and DOT standards
- Inspects, diagnoses, services and/or repairs all assigned
transit vehicles and related mechanical equipment
- Ensures accurate upgrades and/or modifications on coach
systems, road calls, and on-the-road repairs as needed
- Coaches and monitors team members on the work team
- Other duties as required
- Must be at least 21 years old with a high school diploma, GED
- Maintenance experience with all types of heavy-duty transit and
or heavy plant equipment
- For Mechanic B level: 3-4 years
- Must possess a CDL license with air brakes and passenger
endorsement or have the ability and willingness to obtain one.
- Appropriate Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification
- Excellent communication skills with ability to read, interpret
safety documents, blueprints, schematics, and other mechanical
- Ability to pass a DOT physical examination, including a
background and a drug test.
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate,
handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch
or crawl; and smell.
- Occasionally required to lift to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp
environment with moderate noise.
- May be exposed to water, fumes, and chemicals.
For more information, please visit our website at
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions upon
request.Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer
and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair
and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfmDrug free workplaceIf
based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in
US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check.
Keywords: Transdevna, Brick , Mechanic B, Other , Neptune, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!