Scientist II, Formulation R&D
Company: Cameron Craig Group
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Scientist II - Formulation RD
The purpose of the Scientist II, Formulation R&D is to support
formulation development of new pharmaceutical products through
pre-formulation, formulation development/formulation optimization,
product development and scale-up activities. The incumbent will
apply a solid understanding of theories/practices including those
from other disciplines outside the primary area of expertise and
concepts. The candidate will work under the direct supervision of
more senior R&D scientists to plan, execute and manage product
formulation projects. This role will ensure all SOPs and protocols
are maintained and applied. This role will provide assistance and
interpretation of project results to team members and other
business unit personnel.
- With minimum supervision of the R&D Manager, plan and
perform pre-formulation and formulation activities in the
development and scale-up of formulations including parenteral
(solutions and suspensions) and nasal spray products from bench top
to pilot-scale to commercial production.
- Manufacture small scale laboratory batches to experiment with
formulation creation or enhancements.
- Write Standard Operating Procedures. Write and review technical
reports that summarize formulation development work and results,
and protocols as required. Compile experimental data and author
technical and product development reports.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment as needed.
- Performs assigned tasks which are needed to maintain the
formulation laboratory. Such tasks may include ordering laboratory
supplies, calibrating instruments and Hazmat duties.
- Manage time effectively to complete assignments in an expected
- Document all experimental work neatly and correctly in a lab
notebook in accordance with SOPs.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant Quality System
Regulations and other regulatory requirements related to research
and development (product development, design and safety) to ensure
compliance in all research, data collection and reporting
- Maintain quality checks on safety of the laboratory, including
biohazards and ensure maintenance of the facilities.
- Apply effective search strategies to conduct scientific
literature searches and provide critical evaluations of the
- Provide peer review for test results and notebooks to ensure
- Effectively interact with other scientists, project managers,
and colleagues from numerous functions. Serve on multi-disciplinary
- Effectively present results, communicate experimental
difficulties and delays to management.
- Act as coach/mentor to junior scientists. May be sought out by
other teams and individuals to offer technical advice.
- Effectively plan and delegate activities to meet critical
- Flexibility in schedule is required.
- Master's degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Formulation
Chemistry or similar degree AND a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant
experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Formulation Chemistry or
similar degree AND a minimum of 0-3 years of relevant experience in
the pharmaceutical industry.
Keywords: Cameron Craig Group, Brick , Scientist II, Formulation R&D, Other , Jackson, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!