Company: Holmdel Imaging
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Description:Join an energetic, patient-focused team! Holmdel
Imaging is currently seeking an experienced MRI Technologist for a
PRN position at our outpatient imaging center located in Holmdel,
NJ. Candidate must be certified in MRI (or willing to become
certified within first 6 months of employment) and have evening and
NOTE: COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, or approved exemptions are
required for employment at Holmdel Imaging.JOB SUMMARY:Under the
direction of the Radiology Medical Director, the MRI
- Performs routine to complex magnetic resonance procedures and
related techniques, producing images at the request of and for
interpretation by a licensed independent practitioner.
- Ensures services are performed in a safe environment in
accordance with established guidelines and regulatory
- Serves as part of the imaging center team and seeks as well as
provides feedback for improved clinical practice.ESSENTIAL JOB
- Receives, relays, and documents verbal, written, and electronic
orders in the patient's medical record.
- Corroborates patient's clinical history with physician's order
and procedure, ensuring information is documented and available for
use by a licensed independent practitioner. May also verify
informed consent, if applicable.
- Assumes responsibility for patient needs during
- Identifies, prepares, and/or administers medications as
prescribed by and under the direction of a licensed independent
practitioner in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Applies principles of ALARA to minimize exposure to patient,
self, and others, when taking radiographs.
- Performs venipuncture and maintains intravenous access as
prescribed by a licensed independent practitioner.
- Identifies, prepares, positions patient, and competently
performs procedure by using established MR protocols or as
prescribed by a licensed independent practitioner for diagnostic
interpretation or intervention, to achieve the highest quality
- Evaluates images for technical quality, ensuring proper
identification is recorded.
- Identifies and manages emergency situations.
- Provides education to patients, as well as students and other
health care providers.
- Performs ongoing quality assurance activities.
- Conducts POC Creatinine clearance testing in accordance with
established MR protocols or as prescribed by a licensed independent
practitioner for diagnostic interpretation.
- Knowledge of emergency shut-down procedures and how to properly
react to a quench.
- Selects appropriate pulse sequences with consideration given to
established protocols and other factors influencing data
- Manipulates and reconstructs digital data for display or hard
copy records, ensuring proper identification is evident.
- Maintains archival storage of digital data as appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining supply inventory.
- Follows established Safety Standards to ensure a safe
environment for self, patients, visitors, and staff (including
- As required, instructs students and residents and performs
preceptor duties as necessary.
- Establishes ownership of clinical area by taking pride in
appearance and readiness of exam rooms, equipment, and
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Demonstrates consistent use of AIDET (Acknowledge patient,
Introduce yourself, provide Duration/timeline for test, Explain the
test, & Thank them for choosing our center) and HEAL ( Hear them
out, Empathize, Apologize, & Leap into action to solve) when
interacting with patients/customers.
- Takes the initiative to help other modalities/areas of the
Imaging Center as assigned or when work load/area allows.
- Attends/participates in staff meetings, in-services, and
center-wide meetings as scheduled.
- Performs all other duties as assigned..
- Up to 5 years experience as a MRI TechnologistEDUCATION:
- Must have a minimum Associates Degree in Radiology or be a
graduate of an accredited two-year radiology
program.LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:Must be certified by the
American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) in Radiography
and maintain current valid registration from ARRT. Must also hold a
MR advanced registration through ARRT or must obtain it within
their first 12 months of employment. Additionally, must meet the
state licensure requirement for the state in which they practice.
BLS certification required within 60 days of hire.SKILLS/ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of routine to complex MRI procedures and
- Skill in operation of MRI equipment as well as applicable
- Ability to work independently and multitask.
- Ability to provide documentation accurately and concisely.
- Demonstrates understanding of human cross-sectional anatomy,
physiology, pathology, radiopharmacology, and medical
- Knowledge of computer applications, including information and
billing systems, keyboard input, digital archiving, and retrieving
of data.Our outpatient imaging center offers competitive salary and
benefits. Pre-employment drug screen and background check are
required. If qualified, please apply today for immediate
consideration.OIA partners with local healthcare providers to
develop, own and operate quality, easily accessible,
service-oriented outpatient diagnostic imaging centers. To learn
more, visit us at www.oiarad.com.Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Holmdel Imaging, Brick , MRI Technologist-PRN, Other , Holmdel, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!